corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cd player memory (edit, wires switched but no sound and constant live)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cd player memory (edit, wires switched but no sound and constant live)
Mertin

User status: Offline
1st Dec 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which wires to I switch to get my headunit to keep its memory? Been a few years since I did a headunit in a vauxhall, got red and yellow in my head?

Edit

Switched the wires but seem to get a constant live now and no sound? Its a goodmans headunit btw

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by Mertin]
XE Col
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct red and yellow
Mertin

1st Dec 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, just wanted to confirm before I go snipping wires!
XE Col
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually on a connector anyway pal
Mertin

1st Dec 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye this anes aren't, tried pulling them out the block but didnt budge so bit of snipping shall be done
Mertin

2nd Dec 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switched the red and yellow round but now im getting a constant live, cd player pulses on and off with key out. And when ignitions on theres no sound?
Its a goodmans headunit btw, only dealt with pioneers and alpine before and never had any problems like this with switching wires
Root

3rd Dec 10 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Switched the red and yellow round but now im getting a constant live, cd player pulses on and off with key out. And when ignitions on theres no sound?
Its a goodmans headunit btw, only dealt with pioneers and alpine before and never had any problems like this with switching wires

you should have, if you've had a vauxhall.

You have to swap the yellow and red wires. One wire is live, one is ignition live and on vauxhalls they're back to front.
Mertin

3rd Dec 10 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Mertin

you should have, if you've had a vauxhall.

You have to swap the yellow and red wires. One wire is live, one is ignition live and on vauxhalls they're back to front.

I swapped them round then got the problems mentioned above, so now put it back yo red red and yellow yellow
XE Col
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the ariel is connected properly, this can cause loss of memory also
Mertin

3rd Dec 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aerial Doesnt work when connected, going to try a new adapter on it (aerial) puzzled as to how sounds disappeared if im only adjusting live and memory cables? Joined using sugar cubes then spaded incase the connection wasnt good enough
XE Col
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe a dodgey iso lead but aerial will cause the loss of memory if it doesnt work
Mertin

4th Dec 10 at 04:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il try aerial adapter, if not il go for proper connector to save anymore hassle or fit my alpine from the ibiza
JaffaTB

4th Dec 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a jvc unit with 2 positions for the fuse on the back of it, one was for constant and was one switched, didnt notice it at first and tried switching the red and yellow wires and it made it click on and off really fast
Mertin

5th Dec 10 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il have a look, cant say i noticed anything. Positive has a fuse inline which i noticed, well theres a housing the wire goes into which i presume is for a fuse

New Poll