corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Con man?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Con man?
LeeM

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So he couldn't cope last time and now he's got a real job and wants to still try and sell bits as well?

Sounds like he'll have problems again.

Also don't know where the money would be, surely he's had money to do things and bought stock to sell. The money can't just disappear? He's either spent it on himself or business expenses, either way and aside from his legal position, he's taken people's money and lost it for them.

Sure there will be people happy to trade but I personally wouldn't. In fact I wouldn't generally deal with any of these forum-based people who don't have real shops. Too many bad experiences over the years.

I imagine he's paid his mortgage and bills with it while looking for a job for 8 months
LeeM

2nd Dec 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually he's in only in chorley, I'd deal face to face with him because of his knowledge etc
Root

2nd Dec 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he seems to be passing the blame onto his employees...but at the end of the day if he's in charge of his employees...he's still responsible.

If I was to do such a conversion and the business was trading normally at the time, I'd buy from him. I think most of his reasons for folding his business and the problems he had are...genuine, some are lies/excuses but I'd still buy from him because his products are worth it
Root

2nd Dec 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Quote Chris Astley

"Paying anybody back isnt a possability, I do not have the money otherwise I would have done a long time ago."

Has anyone mentioned that, if he can't afford to pay back, how can he afford to start up another business?

That's bad. He took people's money, gambled it and lost it. If he's to make money from the same business again, he should pay them back. If he does not, he's a cunt.
SXi_Tim

2nd Dec 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky fucker Tried his hand at business and failed. Give it up.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same sort of thing happened to me with my engine rebuild. Garage went bankrupt but now trading under a different name with the same staff
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that owe previous customers money and dont pay shouldn't be allowed to trade, if he has no intention of paying customers back then he shouldn't be trading and I hope people avoid him.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Dec 10 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
I imagine he's paid his mortgage and bills with it while looking for a job for 8 months
Yes - therefore spent it on himself.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 10 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest what is so special about him / his parts that means the scene needs him?

He manufactures chassis strengthening kits or something?
Root

3rd Dec 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Out of interest what is so special about him / his parts that means the scene needs him?

It's one of the few places that offer such exclusive and rare (but well demanded) parts. If you could link us to other businesses that offer the same services then I'd rather use them but as it stands, as far as I know, he's one of the few
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 10 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but which parts in particular?
Root

3rd Dec 10 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah but which parts in particular?

idk, I know a lot of people use him for his strengthening kits..that's about it as far as I know

Thinking about it, he's just any older welder/fabricator and most people could make the kits..

im not sure what else his business is renowned for (except ripping people off)
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 10 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my point.
Root

3rd Dec 10 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's my point.

very good point sir. I accept it
Root

3rd Dec 10 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @

http://www.chrisastley.co.uk/
Ojc

3rd Dec 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He offered all the parts for conversions that LMF sell but at a fair bigger premium, I think LMF stuff is M-Tech.
John

3rd Dec 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many threads like this will there be where someone has ripped a load of people off yet plenty are willing to still give them more money when they come back with a small name change and 'lessons learned'.

Anyone who has the stomach for it can so easily make a quick buck and leave customers in the lurch.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered all my conversion stuff off him, thank fuck I got them all before he company went to pieces

but he took fucking ages getting them to me was nearly a month I think, didn't waste a second taking the cash tho
Jamie Walby

3rd Dec 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Cheeky fucker Tried his hand at business and failed. Give it up.

Quite a few succesful businessmen have been or been close to bankruptcy only to dust themselves down and use the knowledge of their previous failings to do a better job and be succesful 2nd time round.
Jamie Walby

3rd Dec 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

but he took fucking ages getting them to me was nearly a month I think, didn't waste a second taking the cash tho

I dont understand that. I have a shop and an online shop too and I pride myself on getting the products out to customers the same day they order them (within reason or it goes first thing next day). I hear so many stories from customers that have used my competitors and theyve waiting weeks/months for their stuff to be sent. I get the impression a lot of companies advertise stuff they dont have then just order it/manufacture it as soon as an order comes it. Only so long you can run a business like that IMO. I can appreciate some people dont want the risks that come involved with having hundreds of thousands of pounds worth sat on the shelves but I think ultimately its the companies that do (in my trade anyway) that last the longest and are succesful.
LeeM

3rd Dec 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

he was the cheapest i saw for a z20let conversion kit that all the mounts shafts and bits id need. lmf are/were £200 more
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 10 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMF are also a viable business with the capability to satisfy orders.

It's also not cheaper if it never arrives after you pay.

So this guy isn't doing anything particularly special then, just importing the same stuff as LMF and charging less but making people wait longer because he doesn't have any of it in stock?
LeeM

4th Dec 10 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I know, just meant when he was trading and all seemed well
baza31

7th Dec 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do these things look like? and how much are they? i know a very good fabricator who has just set up shop . if you could show me what they look like and how much they are i could see about setting some made if theres enough demand

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Con man? 23 database queries in 0.3465719 seconds