corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Security Guard Coats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Security Guard Coats
Matty SRi

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening! Well i've just got a job as a security guard working nights starting from next week, and in this weather i want a decent thick coat as i will be patrolling.
Any ideas where to get one and not for silly money?
Anyone got any good experiences?
Thanks
MJFF88

3rd Dec 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just won a £700 coat that I doubt I'll be wearing in my lifetime, when it arrives you're more than welcome to it if you pay postage and enough to get my a pint of the good stuff
gtitim

3rd Dec 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Key think is layers. Get a decent thermal base layer, then others over top then a Gortex top layer. I have a Police goretex jacket, but still wear fleece, body armour, winter lining on jacket and my own duvet jacket as well if I am outside for a lenght of time
Matty SRi

3rd Dec 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
I've just won a £700 coat that I doubt I'll be wearing in my lifetime, when it arrives you're more than welcome to it if you pay postage and enough to get my a pint of the good stuff

What kind mate? More importantly... what size? lol
Matty SRi

3rd Dec 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Key think is layers. Get a decent thermal base layer, then others over top then a Gortex top layer. I have a Police goretex jacket, but still wear fleece, body armour, winter lining on jacket and my own duvet jacket as well if I am outside for a lenght of time

Yeah well most of the time ill be sat in a cabin, but im assuming is isnt going to have any gas central heating just mainly for when i do patrols, dont want people breaking in and walking straight past me cos ive frozen solid in the yard
MJFF88

3rd Dec 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

42"

Matty SRi

3rd Dec 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that should be large then? That's a pretty funky looking coat. looks heavy. Let me know when it arrives and ill let you know if i havent got anything yet. Need 1 by thursday ideally, need to invest in a Maglite aswell
MJFF88

3rd Dec 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, large. Will do pal
moka

3rd Dec 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88

Was that a typo? Did you add a couple of noughts on by mistake?
MJFF88

3rd Dec 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha its £675. Its a coat designed to do what a coat was designed for, so it isn't the best looking thing on the planet I'll give you that
gtitim

3rd Dec 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother with a Maglite - can get much better LED torches from Ebay, unless of course, you want a 6 cell Maglite for its secondary function AKA club
John

3rd Dec 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deal extreme for good led torches.

However, costco have a big maglite, for smashing, and a smaller one, both led, for £30, excellent value.
Matty SRi

4th Dec 10 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Don't bother with a Maglite - can get much better LED torches from Ebay, unless of course, you want a 6 cell Maglite for its secondary function AKA club

Yeah thats one of the reasons. Just something to carry really. Been looking at 5 and 6 cells. found a 5 cell for £21 so think i might go for that. Not too keen on the LED 1's.
Root

4th Dec 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a job working on the docks a few months back and obviously wind chill factor makes everything a lot colder. Went to TK Maxx and got a £25 coat, it looks great, it's got fur in the hood and all around the chest area. The only fault I'd give it is that the arms aren't the same fur material, they're made of a silky material which sometimes gets cold

But the fake fur thing works really well to keep me warm. Don't forget a hat. Hats are a must to keep warm
Matty SRi

4th Dec 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I got a job working on the docks a few months back and obviously wind chill factor makes everything a lot colder. Went to TK Maxx and got a £25 coat, it looks great, it's got fur in the hood and all around the chest area. The only fault I'd give it is that the arms aren't the same fur material, they're made of a silky material which sometimes gets cold

But the fake fur thing works really well to keep me warm. Don't forget a hat. Hats are a must to keep warm

Well i have like a knitted type coat with fur on the inside that i wear day to day... Might have a look in TK Maxx and see what they have. would like a PVC type with something warm on the inside! Cheers
Root

4th Dec 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, needs to be waterproof really, mine isn't as I spend 95% of time at work in a car/minibus
mattk

4th Dec 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a £200 North Face coat and its not as warm as my £10 parka

get a nice thick one, as said, the more layers the better
Jake

4th Dec 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

three more mates with the same coats and youve got east17
Root

4th Dec 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:

three more mates with the same coats and youve got east17

its got "counter intelligence" on the badge on the inside and black, grey and white lines in a pattern on the outside
deano87

4th Dec 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The North Face.

The end.

However the trick is to buy one what fits. If it's too big it won't be warm.
ssj_kakarot

4th Dec 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its just for pure warmth get a down jacket, seriously nothing you can get is warmer end of.

http://www.alpkit.com/filo/

that type of thing, doubt they will have that in stock though usually a really long waiting list for them.

make sure you get a waterproof to go on top of it as down is ruined when wet.
Matty SRi

4th Dec 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This doesnt look too bad... Get a nice thick fleece for underneath aswell

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hi-Viz-Security-Guard-Parka-Long-Jacket-Visability-SIA-/160423165957
corsayoung

4th Dec 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be wanting a lenser p7 or p14 torch, great led torches @_
ash_corsa

4th Dec 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rab jacket, some of the best around. Made in Wales IIRC.

They also make sleeping bags so it should be warm!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Security Guard Coats 23 database queries in 0.1015871 seconds