corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay n00b - seller fees question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay n00b - seller fees question
kz

User status: Offline
4th Dec 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I've only ever bought things on eBay, but I thought I'd give selling a few bits a go on there. Within the past month I've put on a PS3 where the buyer didn't pay, offered second chance but they didn't go for it. Two cars, one which sold for £620, been paid for that. The other sold for £1,000 but the 0 feedback buyer didn't pay me... also put up a iPhone dock and PSP which both sold.

Just been stung for £81 seller fees! That seems way too much to me!? Or is that right... if so that's it for my eBay selling career lol.
ssj_kakarot

4th Dec 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er i think its like 10% fee for the final price on most items.

if you didnt actually sell the item though report it and you will get the winning bid fee back, still have to pay listing fee though.

and ebay is shit now in terms of fee's at least.
Callum

4th Dec 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats wrong mate, tell them about the £1000 car and the ps3
Rob E

4th Dec 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold an engine ECU on there recently for £190 and I didnt recieve any fees. I didnt pay anything for the listing either. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about ebay taking around 10% on car auctions though so this could be why you have been stung so much
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Dec 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It works out about 10% on most things, if you've not been charged then it'll probably be on the next months invoice.

It's a complete rip but the stuff also makes good money so I'm still using it.
SXi_Tim

4th Dec 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being quite new to ebay myself i was shocked when i was paying £30 for the priviledge of selling on ebay. Great for buying, shit for selling. Unless you are a business seller/sell regularly.

[Edited on 04-12-2010 by SXi_Tim]
kz

4th Dec 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah forgot to mention both the cars were put on when it was a free listing weekend!
Rob E

5th Dec 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I take it back.... I've just had an invoice for £37.63 for the sale of 1 item what a fucking rip!
kz

5th Dec 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terrible innit! I've filled a case where they look into non payment, dunno what's meant to happen from here
Rob E

6th Dec 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is actually wrong, its billed me twice for the same auction. The original seller didnt pay up so I offered it as a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and they accepted. I didnt file a report against the original seller correctly. Hopefully it will be down to £18 after! Still a rip off. I bet the Owners of ebay have no fucking sole what so ever! Daylight robbery at its finest or what!?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay n00b - seller fees question 23 database queries in 0.4656820 seconds