corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » bit of a daft protein question here......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of a daft protein question here......
bubble

User status: Offline
10th Dec 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but is it still adviseable to have protein after doing cardio, ie on a cross trainer youre battering your legs so surely it will help with muscle recovery there?
JonnyJ

10th Dec 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely protein is advisable any time? Cant get too much i wouldnt have thought.
bubble

10th Dec 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Surely protein is advisable any time? Cant get too much i wouldnt have thought.

well i presume in diet deffo yeah, just thinkin is it actually helping after cardio? id presume so because still using leg muscles.
ashleh

10th Dec 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's just cardio then your more better with carbs than just protein. Obviously if it's a protein shake that consists of carbs and protein, then go ahead.
bubble

10th Dec 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what will carbs do for me when doing cardio?
ssj_kakarot

10th Dec 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbs will give you energy before you run.

as for protein after well you should be having a daily ammount of protein any way on off days if not lifting so yes you still need to stick to your protein requirments
ashleh

10th Dec 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbs help with replacing glycogen stores i believe? I dno if im chatting shit, obviously having carbs beforehand will help with your energy throughout your workout though.

edit: i was told if you run on an empty stomach (ie in the morning) your body uses muscle tissue to replenish energy if you dont have carbs after? again, could be chatting shit

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by ashleh]
Craig W

10th Dec 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its always good to have protein/carbs after exercise. Your body will be like a sponge so will make good use of the nutrients you feed it.
I'd go for fast acting protein/carbs in the form of a protein shake and carb source followed by solid protein/carb meal 60-90 mins after.

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Craig W]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » bit of a daft protein question here...... 24 database queries in 0.0096209 seconds