corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knackered driveshaft?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knackered driveshaft?
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   11th Dec 10 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having some problems with my corsa which I think could be drive shaft related Basically in first and second gear it often feels like its spinning up on ice even though I know the roads are clear? An example is today when I pulled away from an island slowly in first and changed to second at about 2-3k, then put my foot down in second from low revs and as soon as it got into the powerband it feels like its spinning the wheels up, its never done this before until recently?

Any ideas guys?
AlexW

11th Dec 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure its not the clutch slipping?
You got a rev counter working now?

[Edited on 11-12-2010 by AW06]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driveshaft wouldn't really exhibit that fault, could be the clutch if the vehicle speed doesn't rise proportionally to engine speed.
JaffaTB

11th Dec 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might actually be the wheels spinning up mate, the roads are covered in crap from grit etc due to all the snow recently

other than that it might be the clutch as said, you should be able to check if its the clutch by going into a high gear whilst going up hill and putting your foot down, it it bogs then the clutch should be ok, if the revs get higher without the car getting any faster the clutch is worn
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the fast replies lads, appreciate it

The reason I instantly thought driveshaft is because I know my p/s outer cv has started leaking..oops. But because the weathers been so crap I havent been able to sort it.

The clutch has done around 5k at the very most. Its spot on going from a low gear then straight into a high gear like 4th. Its mainly at high revs in second gear. Maybe its me just not used to the powerrrrr?
AlexW

11th Dec 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any idea on the make of clutch. There is a brand new clutch on my brothers MR2 V6 and it just slips like fuck, it cannot take the power.
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Any idea on the make of clutch. There is a brand new clutch on my brothers MR2 V6 and it just slips like fuck, it cannot take the power.

I'm not sure to be honest bud. I know its not a GM one though. I'll be on msn in 5
JaffaTB

11th Dec 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably just slippy roads mate and powarrrrrrhhhhh, lol

New Poll