corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Washer driers...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washer driers...
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has one??

Are they any good? Space is limited, and i have been offered one as an xmas present for me and the girlfriend.

Can you just use it for washing? and just for drying?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Colin

14th Dec 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get individual appliances if possible!!

Generally the drier part of a washer/drier combo is absolute cack. The one on mine has broken actually so its just a washer now!!
Dan
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:/ Everyone i speak to, seems to say they are crap, but a couple of people, who use them pretty much 24/7 in a b&b swear by them :/

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by Dan]

CORSA NUT

14th Dec 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep there all pretty shit unless you get a top make like a Miele...anything exept BEKO and it should at least do the job...unlike a BEKO....do NOT buy a BEKO
AlunJ

14th Dec 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never managed to get the drier function to work on my mums hoover one so I didn't bother getting one myself. Could really use a drier though!
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Dec 10 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Hotpoint fancy one, was fairly expensive but it still creases the crap out of everything. I only really use the drier for underwear and to get things slightly more dry before hanging them up.
jrsteeve

15th Dec 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dryers are usually only effective on small loads, otherwise it just makes everything hot. Have a look at the LG direct drive washer dryers, they're also really quiet but can be pricey.
ed

15th Dec 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had combos in both my places. First was a cheapo Smeg, the one I've got now is slightly better Indesit. Both performed in exactly the same way - made everything hot, steamy and entangled in each other. Sounds sexy, but it really isn't.
Dan
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.

I was actually just looking at the direct drives from LG jr.

Has some impressive reviews, and looks cool as fuck! bit pricey at £540 though

dannymccann

16th Dec 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washer/driers, as said, are generally shit. Our Indesit one came with the property, the washer is pretty good, not used the drier as Im a tight bastard with the electric, plus stuff dries fast enough (and straight enough not to iron) on coathangers around the house on curtain poles
chloe16v

16th Dec 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have an lg direct drive washer/dryer, all i can say is it does its job
Dan
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
we have an lg direct drive washer/dryer, all i can say is it does its job

What model do you have?

I have just ordered the F1403RD £719.99 instore at comet, but on a special deal for £530 online. So went with them. Being delivered tomorrow.

Bonney

16th Dec 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used to have a Hotpoint one and nearly every month it would break down. Plus the drier was crap and never worked properly.

Now gone to the seperates (hoover washer and drier, Drier is upstairs in the spare room) and have never had a single problem at all. Think we have had them over 10 years now!
Kathryn W

16th Dec 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have one and have had it since we moved in over 2 years ago, only ever used the drier about 5 times and thats only lately because it's been so cold!

Dunno if it's mine itself but it takes me an age to get things dry, i normally stick things in it for an hour or so just to take some of the wetness out so its easier to dry on the radiators.

I want a seperate one though as from personal experience they're far better!
dannymccann

17th Dec 10 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, for a 2 / 3 person family our Beko washing machine for £160 lasted fine for 2 years and is still going strong a year later in the new owner's home, she is a family of 4 as well, so dont always discount the Beko's straight away (its only a washer though, not a drier)
Rob_Quads

17th Dec 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the problems with the washer dryers is the drum size. Due to it being combined then the dryer is obviously only the size of the normal washing machine drum but a stand alone dyer will have a much much bigger drum meaning its much more effective as the clothes can move around much more and air can circulate.

Neo

17th Dec 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a hotpoint one, and as Ian said it tends to just wrinkle everything. Not worth the extra but I had no choice as space is very very limited !
Cavey

17th Dec 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could always get a small condenser dryer for £100-120ish, if you've got a cupboard under the stairs or something, but obviously you wouldn't wanna use it for everything!
Dan
Premium Member

17th Dec 10 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the smaller drum is the case with this LG one, its massive. It will hold 45 shirts apparantly (9kg)

Im struggling to see how one of these can wrinkle a load of clothes any more than a normal tumble drier ? ?

Ill let you know what its like 2mo, it should be here any min

Ben G

18th Dec 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a normal tumble drier with a huge drum, think 8 or 9kg's, and if you fill it up too much, it doesn't dry the clothes, just makes them warm and damp.

better off putting in small loads at a time as they will dry and it will be quick.
Dan
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First load all done. 8kg wash, completed in 5 hours.

The stuffs come out completely dry, softer than ive ever had out of a wash.

Mega mega impressed with it so far!

Brett
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with washer/drier combos, ours works a treat, mrs never complains

New Poll