corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Greyhound Girls calendar

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Greyhound Girls calendar
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just clicked on the link in my sig and on the Retired Greyhound Trust website there is a link to a 'greyhound girls' calendar that you can buy - http://www.greyhoundgirls.co.uk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD__t1ZuoYA for a YT video from Sky News.

Is this something you would buy?

The jury's out for me TBH - not because I think the 'girls' aren't fit, I dunno just seems a bit weird to me seeing a scantily clad woman standing next to a greyhound (I have two retired greyhounds).

Is there something wrong with me?

[Edited on 23-12-2010 by Sam]
nathy_87

23rd Dec 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, but only if the money went towards the greyhounds.

Sidenote: Have you been to Perry Barr Greyhound Track?
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think the money gets donated to the RGT.

I've only ever been to the ones at Hall Green and Oxford.
morpheus22

23rd Dec 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad went to the greyhound racing at around this time last year and nearly adopted one. mum wouldnt let him though after the heart ache of loosing our last dog. i would look in to adopting one when i get my own place though cracking dogs. they are suposed to be really clever and loyal?
nathy_87

23rd Dec 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes very loyal, heaven forbid I should say this but when my two dogs have passed away I think I'll get a GH myself, lovely dogs.

@Sam: Yeah I've been to Hall Green track, Haven't been to Perry Barr yet but due to go in New Year, fancy going mate?
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if we can have some drinks? sorry couldn't resist yeah sounds cool!

Greyhounds are LAZY dogs. Honestly, if you want a dog that you don't want to have to take for a walk about 5 times a day, get a greyhound! They have so little stamina they spend most of their time sleeping - hence why they are nicknamed "45mph couch potatoes"!

They make very good loving pets though, only thing is as they are a breed of dog that was originally used for hare coursing, you have to make sure they don't chase after small furry animals - i.e. cats, rabbits, squirrels, small dogs

They are quite intelligent, we haven't done much in the way of teaching them tricks but if you say "paw" to our two they will give you a paw, I suspect being given a treat afterwards is their motivation!
morpheus22

23rd Dec 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, my dads friend has a retired race gh bitch and he says shes lazy and shes very skitish around strangers, saying that she wasnt shy of barking at me when i went through the gate lol. lovely looking dog too
emicen

23rd Dec 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My aunt bought me one of the long legged lovelies calendars as part of my Christmas present the other year.

Scantily clad just about hotties in ridiculous situations with their greyhounds making cheesey remarks.

Funnily enough it didnt get hung up

Its hard to say without seeing the monthly pics, its a good cause, but I really think I'd struggle to buy one!

[if you want a real car crash find a young women farmers' calendar!]
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it depends on how they were treated. Both our greyhounds are bitches, one of them you can shout at her face square on and she'll just stand there and wag her tail, the other one would put her tail between her legs and creep away slowly from you (we think she was abused by whoever had her before).

Both of them only ever bark when they demand food/a treat and we don't give them anything!

When we got our two we had muzzles given to us, but they are much more well behaved without them on when we take them out for a walk or whatever. I think it's because they associate that with racing.
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

emicen -
MarkSport

23rd Dec 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
@Sam: Yeah I've been to Hall Green track, Haven't been to Perry Barr yet but due to go in New Year, fancy going mate?

Great track. even better if you can get inside the booth (be there early)

I went in july this year and it was still cold then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Greyhound Girls calendar 23 database queries in 0.0098181 seconds