corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Manual vs Automatic

Poll: Manual vs Automatic
  Automatic
  Manual

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manual vs Automatic
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
24th Dec 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in the next year or so I'm looking @ buying a Toyota Supra TT. There's just something about them (style, presence, performance....). After reading most of the buyers guides on the owners clubs they all say how good the Automatic ones are and how people shouldn't be put off but I've always had manuals in the past and I like the "in control" feeling of a manual in comparison to an Auto... I've driven Automatic cars before (Jag, Mk4 Astra, Landrover) but I'm still certain that I prefer a manual.

The only problem is cost.... for an average Supra 3ltr TT Auto they cost between 4k-7k where has manuals are more in the region of 8k-12k

In terms of performance there is very little in it between the manual and the auto and the auto box can supposedly take a lot of horsies....

What would you choose?
AndyKent

24th Dec 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the price difference is enough of an indicator that the manual is better than an auto.

I'd always go manual unless it was something very special and manual wasn't an option.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Dec 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would suggest that you drive both.

Thats a big price difference between the 2 and you never know,you might like the auto.
Ash_EP3

24th Dec 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Surely the price difference is enough of an indicator that the manual is better than an auto.

I'd always go manual unless it was something very special and manual wasn't an option.

Yea the manuals are also a lot rarer due to people in the UK wanting more Auto's for some reason

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I would suggest that you drive both.

Thats a big price difference between the 2 and you never know,you might like the auto.

Yea it is a big price difference and tbh I would rather spend £8k/£10k and get a manual the UK spec Supra's are the most exclusive with loads of extra's... a common misconception between the UK spec and the Jap spec is the power... they are both 325bhp standard regardless of what Toyota said for the Gentlemen's agreement over in Japan....
Adam_B

24th Dec 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does it cost to convert an auto to manual?
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
how much does it cost to convert an auto to manual?

Prob a lot harder than you'd think. All the ecu's are tied in togther etc.
LeeM

24th Dec 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id look into converting to a manual, if autos can be had that much cheaper

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Manual vs Automatic 23 database queries in 0.0140381 seconds