corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf/Bora/VAG 1.8t 20V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf/Bora/VAG 1.8t 20V
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   28th Dec 10 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are these like to live with?

Been looking on AT/Ebay/PH and a lot of nice examples for around 2k with ~100k on clock..
AT says combined MPG is around 35 to gallon.. What is it like in reality?

I had a look on MKIV forum and read all common faults (mainly MAF problems).

I was/am looking at diesels but I don't think i could live with the diesel noise making car Although economy would be great!

I think some people on here had these so look forward to any feedback!
belton

28th Dec 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few of my mates have this engine but in golf/a3
the lad with the a3 is on like 168k, still runs spot on, never had any problems, quick cars aswell! As for mpg, I wouldn't know
ste_p23

28th Dec 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 1.8T 20V ibiza and tbh the economy is great on the motorway aslong as you dont keep booting it so the turbo kicks in, However general day to day driving i would say 30mpg is more a realistic figure
Brett
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good engines, 100K isn't much on one that's been looked after imo. Usually sensors that go wrong more than anything.

Driving super nice around town mine indicates an average 24mpg's generally, which isn't too hot, but better than my scooby's and stuff so I don't mind On a big motorway journeys however it does really well on fuel.

[Edited on 28-12-2010 by loafofbrett]
belton

28th Dec 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the octavia vrs's btw, so much car for the money
daymoon
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I average 24-26 in BMW So 30 is way better!

I think i will be looking at golfs/A3 mostly cos i don't want a boat like octavia ( i do like their look etc but wouldnt want to drive it) need to go testdrive few cars me thinks!
ste_p23

28th Dec 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the ibizas whilst you are there mate i picked my 1.8 F.R up for 3k with full service history and 50k on the clocks, if you find the right one there fun little cars for not much cash
RichR
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 1 issue in 3 years with my A3 1.8T Sport. We put it down to a bad batch of fuel though; pretty much had to replace the entire fuel/fuel management system, lots of sensor failures and boom; but aside from that, I had no issues
antnee

28th Dec 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
I average 24-26 in BMW So 30 is way better!

I think i will be looking at golfs/A3 mostly cos i don't want a boat like octavia ( i do like their look etc but wouldnt want to drive it) need to go testdrive few cars me thinks!

The octavia is the same chassis as the golf and a3, its about 10 - 50 kgs heavier than a golf so not really boat like
Robin
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dull.
SetH

28th Dec 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly its not any more boat like than a Golf or A3
scottyp1989

28th Dec 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
What are these like to live with?

Been looking on AT/Ebay/PH and a lot of nice examples for around 2k with ~100k on clock..
AT says combined MPG is around 35 to gallon.. What is it like in reality?

I had a look on MKIV forum and read all common faults (mainly MAF problems).

I was/am looking at diesels but I don't think i could live with the diesel noise making car Although economy would be great!

I think some people on here had these so look forward to any feedback!

TBH the diesels are not loud really, iv had petrol engines that have been louder
daymoon
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ it is not the ludness of diesel engines, its the way they sound!
And i drive a car with a straight six in it! And i love the sound which i am so gonna miss!

[Edited on 28-12-2010 by daymoon]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf/Bora/VAG 1.8t 20V 23 database queries in 0.0099380 seconds