corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop vs 1.6 16v

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop vs 1.6 16v
merlokquest

User status: Offline
30th Dec 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go for X20XE engine myself out of a VECTRA B sri 140 they are 137bhp and whats a redtop 146 bhp when it was made 25 thousand years ago anyway anyway u can find an x20xe in vectra GLS 2.0s and will probs cost you 100 quid off ebay and save you £££'s which is usefull for ur insurance as they hate redtops and conversions as much as each other
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

30th Dec 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Archie
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
Do you prefer corners or straight line speed?

My 20XE handled no differently to what it did as a 16XE

Both of my XE's felt far more sure footed than my 1.6 Sport ever did.

I have to agree, i suppose its down to the driver as well, i didnt go 'oh i've put a valver in my car it'll never handle '.
Just jumped in it and drove it, very spiritedly at that.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

30th Dec 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by merlokquest
i would go for X20XE engine myself out of a VECTRA B sri 140 they are 137bhp and whats a redtop 146 bhp when it was made 25 thousand years ago anyway anyway u can find an x20xe in vectra GLS 2.0s and will probs cost you 100 quid off ebay and save you £££'s which is usefull for ur insurance as they hate redtops and conversions as much as each other

The insurance use the insurance group of the donor car for pricing thats why an eco-wreck will be cheaper.
DannyE2010

30th Dec 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 1.6 sport conversion with a few mods an it was along side a fiesta st quite sum fun but naw ive had the redtop conversion id go for redtop
merlokquest

30th Dec 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if eco techs are so bad why where redtops dropped? there old and flawed and sat side by side c20xe and x20xe are pretty much the same engine ive owned numerous of each astra gsi and a cav gsi ecos run smoother better on fuel CHEAPER to fix AND to buy in the first place and an easier conversion to do
Rich H

30th Dec 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
If you can't afford it don't do it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop vs 1.6 16v 23 database queries in 0.0099812 seconds