corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fit note from doctor...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fit note from doctor...
marklaruk

User status: Offline
30th Dec 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been off work since last thursday with this crappy bug thats going round at the minute, which i'm pretty much over. Been speaking to my boss whos been shitty with me and has said to me because i have been off work over a week i need a fit note...

Now do i literally just go up to my doctors tomorrow and explain that i have been off for over a week with a bug and i want to return to work next week? Then they just make sure i'm ok and write me out a fit note?

Never had time off work before so all new to me! thx
ssj_kakarot

30th Dec 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm pretty sure you dont need to be signed off to come back to work unless its before an exsisting sick note has ran out.

people are off all the time at my place and never need to get singned back in from the doctor
marklaruk

30th Dec 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking online now if you return to work after 7 days of absense my employer can request a fit note...
ssj_kakarot

30th Dec 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm so he doesnt actually need one, why is he bothering then :-/
marklaruk

30th Dec 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from NHS website.

If you’re off work sick for seven days or less, your employer should not ask for medical evidence that you’ve been ill.

If you’re off work sick for more than seven days, your employer will usually ask you to provide evidence or proof that you’ve been ill. They will normally ask for a fit note from your GP. Fit note is the informal name for the Statement of Fitness for Work. Fit notes replaced sick notes from 6 April 2010.

The seven days include days that you don’t normally work. So when you work out how long you’ve been off sick, you should include weekends and bank holidays.

i do need one

[Edited on 30-12-2010 by marklaruk]
dean101287

30th Dec 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the doctor will probably charge you for it
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 10 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can understand why they're asking tbh. Probs a few people round the world who were mysteriously ill over what should be the holidays

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fit note from doctor... 23 database queries in 0.0090728 seconds