corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » What to do once offer is accepted?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do once offer is accepted?
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been reading on the internet and speaking to various financial advisers but thought here might be a good place to start and get an unbiased view

It sounds like the offer we made on the property we recently viewed is going to be accepted

It is a repossession and is owned by a company (being sold through a local estate agent)

I know I will need to arrange the mortgage, survey and appoint my own solicitors

What order do I need to do the above in and how soon can I get the ball rolling? Shall I put a timescale in place with the company that owns the property telling them that I want everything completed by xxx date?

AndyKent

20th Jan 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do everything today. Its not difficult to find a surveyor, solicitors are pretty much the same - conveyancing is dead easy so you can pretty much phone 3 or 4 and go with the cheapest.

Mortgage can take a little while to sort. Assuming you've already got an offer in principal on the property you just need to fill out the acceptance forms and the mortgage company will do the rest.
Ben G

20th Jan 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get a mortgage promise from the bank? if not, get that done today.

halifax do a 20 minute promise while you wait in the store if you are with them.

Rob_Quads

20th Jan 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do everything you can as quickly as you can.

You can put a time scale but the only way it will mean anything is if you get it written into your fee contract. Anything else its not worth it as if you say "It must be done in 2 months" and 2 months comes and goes what are you going to do - go and find another solicitor? you would still need to pay the existing one for all the work. All you can do is offer an incentive like £100 bonus if it completes within 1 month etc.
amxor

21st Jan 11 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a repossession, it will normally be a condition of the sale that you exchange within 28 days. Also, due to the fact the bank is obligated to obtain the highest value possible, you can be outbid right up to the point the contract is exchanged, so try and get everything done ASAP.

If you need a mortgage, the mortgage company will often instruct their own valuer, so you don't need to goto the hassle of finding one yourself, but keep chasing them as most mortgage companies do everything slowly.

If you can, get a local solicitor. That way any paperwork can be signed quickly and documents dropped off at the office. Theres nothing worse than waiting for the post or things going missing. Unfortunately, solicitors are still stuck in the stone ages and rarely use e-mail / fax and in most cases, they need original signatures / documents anyway

New Poll