corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Contact Lenses

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Contact Lenses
MarkSport

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

Had my appointment at 2:40 . put them in (that was a struggle) due to my eyes blinking a lot. walked around the town for like 30 minutes then went back. taking them out was a ballache....I got the one out after about 30 attempts but the left eye was a struggle cause my vision in my other eye was obviously blurred!

not sure if they will be a purchase in the near future
boylers11

2nd Feb 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an Optician - Keep at it, you'll get there in the end mate!
aim1

2nd Feb 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just practice needed. Everyone starts the same but I take mine out without any mirrors etc and often put then in without one too.
MarkSport

2nd Feb 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got anther appointment saturday to try it. felt good walking round without my specs though. first time in 24 years
Ben G

3rd Feb 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was the same as you at the start, mark.

i've had them for a good 4-5 years now and i take them out/put them in without even using mirrors.

practice makes perfect as they say.
MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing i struggled with ben was my eye closing when i put my finger on the lens to get it out. either that or constant blinking as soon as i touch it. was getting on my nerves cause it felt like i couldn't control it
Recaro1

3rd Feb 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange timing as I'm thinking about getting contact lenses at the mo.

But I am the same as you, when my finger goes near my eye, it starts closing.

I only wear glasses for driving, cinema, etc but I want some for when I'm on my motorbike, snowboarding, kite surfing, etc. Glasses and sport dont mix.

Are there any tips? Do you have to look up or something as you put them in and take them out?
MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. I used to skateboard when i was younger and glasses were a nightmare. Ive always wanted contacts but finally went for them

when he was teaching me how to put them in, he was telling me to look down at the floor with my top eyelid held open then look up with the bottom one held open and they slot in...

i got them in, its just getting them out
Recaro1

3rd Feb 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah getting them out looks hard

My girlfriend has worn them for years and makes it look easy.

I'm worried I will struggle getting them out as I can't touch my eye with my finger like she can.
MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here. it got the the stage where I said to the optician... you take it out, its pissing me off!
Recaro1

3rd Feb 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha - thats what I will be like.
Robbo

3rd Feb 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pages and not one mentiuon of havign an EYE SWAP

disappointing

long sightedness is not an obstacle to gettign laser eye surgery. try accuvision

Wore contacts for nearly 15 years befor ei lost patience with them, ruin your eyes and too painful. started weariugn glasses again until i had LES last august, best thing i ever did tbh
harrisp

3rd Feb 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I struggled badly at first getting them out, can do it blindfolded now
boylers11

3rd Feb 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ lol, I get that one all the time.

There's shed loads of different techniques to putting them in/taking them out, it's just a case of working with your Optician to find one that works for you (and that's safe)
andy1868

3rd Feb 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had them for nearly 2 years now, wouldn't go back to glasses tbh. i change mine every 2 weeks

i had a real hard time getting them in and out at first, sometimes up to 20 minutes to get them in but over the first few weeks it was gradually easier and easier. it got to the point where it was afew seconds for each, and i really hated anything touching my eyes at first but i dont mind now
boylers11

3rd Feb 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the above comments, there's no reason why contact lenses should (in my opinion) 'ruin your eyes'. If handled well, monitored well and all of the do's and don'ts are followed by the patient, all should be fine.
Hardly any of my patients have longstanding contact lens problems that can't be solved one way or another.

Keep at it mate, contact lenses are the way forward (and much less invasive than laser surgery!!!!!)

MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the factor thats getting to me is having to remove them every night and replace them every morning. im virtually blind without my glasses so its a struggle to see what im doing. the optician only showed me two ways of doing them. one was mentioned above and the other was to hold my bottom eyelid downa dn basically drag it off my eye and over my eye lid

boylers11

3rd Feb 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you're confident at inserting and removing them, it will take literally seconds to do. You'd be able to do it without a mirror too.
As for techniques, the above two aren't two that I use, but it really is just a case of trying and finding one that works for you (as long as it's safe).
Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to discuss different techniques without teaching you in person, but honestly, stick with it
MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cheers mate. I'm going to try again saturday. it was a fiddly job because i was using both hands (one to pull the eye lid down and one to move and pull out.
MarkSport

3rd Feb 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This actually made me

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-remove-contact-lenses

I may get a removal tool to use as a starter.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Contact Lenses 23 database queries in 0.0107908 seconds