corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » oil leaking from the filler cap??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oil leaking from the filler cap??
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
21st Jan 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amongst other problems with my car atm. noticed that i have oil leaking from my filler cap which means its trickling down right past the heat shield and onto the flange of the exhaust manifold. causing an unpleasant smell and smoke. anyone had this problem? its a 15 year old x14xe by the way
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help Zone Seal
AlexW

21st Jan 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the oil breather not blocked? If it cant vent it will build pressure and force oil out of the cap.
Aerox-lad

21st Jan 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AW06 i think youve got the golden ticket mate come to think of it ive changed my inlet as you might of seen and my mate re routed the cable and believe its bent. that oil breather pipe is so long though can i cut it down? am i right in thinking its one of the two thickish pipe that comes downwards out of the block. i believe the ohter is a coolant pipe?
AlexW

21st Jan 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It comes out of the end of the rocker cover, Beside/Behind the coilpack, The smaller one should be venting to air, or ideally in a catch tank of some form.
Aerox-lad

21st Jan 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the one on top of the rocker cover i believe (by the ht leads) is just venting to atmosphere. but the one that drops down (near the coiplack as you said) is twisted up in a few places causing it to block which must be my problem. thanks mate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » oil leaking from the filler cap?? 23 database queries in 0.0117042 seconds