corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » A1 Printers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A1 Printers
mwg

User status: Offline
26th Jan 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need a new A1 printer at work ASAP. Got an Oce at the moment but its always going tits up and causing problems so we're going to cut our losses and get a new one, had it a few years anyway.

Not going near Oce again, not sure if they even exist any more.

Any suggestions on what make to go for? Obviously want something that's going to be reliable, can run off our server computer and has easily available parts if it does go wrong. 99% of our printing are A1 & A2 drawings from AutoCAD.

Where I used to work we had a HP and that never went wrong once in the 3 years it was there.
AndyKent

26th Jan 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oce are offering a £1000 trade in of your old printer. Their kit actually looks decent quality and value and we were considering one last year. Gone a bit quiet though.

Currently got a 6 year old HP - still running fine, though in the last year we've spent about a grand on it.

I'd go HP again given the choice, something like - http://www.leonardo-cad.co.uk/Plotters/designjet_T1120.htm

We'd take the 44 inch option. Or if you want photos out of it at some point - http://www.leonardo-cad.co.uk/Plotters/designjet_z3200.htm
pow
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They tend to be called plotters once you get to that size mattyG, might help with your search
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know they are but didn't know if anyone on here would know what I was on about if I said plotter That designjet is probably far more than we need Andy, I won't be able to convince them to spend that kind of money
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HP Designjet T610 looks more like it, 35 seconds for a monochrome print. There is a 510 version which is a little cheaper and no doubt what they'll want to go for but it takes twice as long for a print.
AndyKent

26th Jan 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're surprising cheap now. Amazing that our current plotter was nearly £5k and wasn't even nearly top of the range back then!
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've phoned a couple of companies for prices and advice and waiting for them to get back to me. The T610 is the one I'm going to push for if I can but I'm a little concerned that we are buying a model that's already been discontinued so if we were to have any problems in the future are we going to have trouble getting it fixed. In which case were in the same situation as we are at the moment with the Oce.

I was going to phone Leonardo CAD but they are in Hampshire, ideally we want some one from the North West that can provide fast aftersales support if needed. Just hope they can do the same or similar prices as Leonardo.
3CorsaMeal

26th Jan 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have the HP Designjet 110plus, and has been good for a while now, had a similar one before this, still HP and it was nothing but trouble
Simon

26th Jan 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
we have the HP Designjet 110plus, and has been good for a while now, had a similar one before this, still HP and it was nothing but trouble

Snap, have that in ours too
AndyKent

26th Jan 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a local supplier who organises HP engineers for us, hence Leonardos being far away isnt a problem. Sourcing localy seems sensible though if you can.
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a fairly competitive quote from a supplier we already use on the HP T770. They want £1500 to buy it outright or £169.22 a quarter on a 3 year lease rental which includes maintenance. And its 100% tax deductable so it kind of makes it free in a way if we can claim it all back... I'm going to try and get them to go for this one
nathy_87

26th Jan 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got the HP Design Jet 500 (pictured below) had it a few years and only had the Engineer out to it once. Very good plotter, capable of doing A0,A1 & A2.

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by nathy_87]
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one like that where I used to work but they are slow. Something like a minute to print an A1 as opposed to 28 seconds for the one I'm looking at now.

One of my bosses is surprised how cheap plotters are now so wants an equivalent A0 pricing up too. I god damn hate A0
AndyKent

26th Jan 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to hold A0 drawings outside is always a laugh :-/
nathy_87

26th Jan 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Had one like that where I used to work but they are slow. Something like a minute to print an A1 as opposed to 28 seconds for the one I'm looking at now.

One of my bosses is surprised how cheap plotters are now so wants an equivalent A0 pricing up too. I god damn hate A0

Especially when you have to fold the fucking things to 'A4'.
Bart

26th Jan 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we use the HP Designjet 130.
Reliable, works well, cant fault it.
sc0ott

26th Jan 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a hp designjet 800 at work for colour printing and a xerox 6204 wide format for black and white printing and scanning which goes up to A0.

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by sc0ott]
Tiesto

26th Jan 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just got an HP T770 at our place. Not had any issues and print quality is top notch. Well coming from an HP 500 which we had for years

Have a KIP 3000 for black and white prints/copies and scanning for A1/A0. http://www.cbscentral.co.uk/Products/view/50

On the issue of A0's I hate them too , especially folding them into report style folders...

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by Tiesto]
mwg

1st Feb 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a HP Design Jet T770 HD turning up on either Thursday or Friday. Got it for £1500+VAT including the stand and print catch basket.

2400x1200 dpi resolution
28 seconds to print an A1 drawing
8GB dedicated file processing memory
160 GB Hard Drive

Cheers for the help
RichR
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have the DesignJet 500 at our place but recently, we've moved all our drawings over to A3. No-one on our shop floor knows how to read a fucking drawing anyway so it doesn't matter what size they're printed on in all honesty!!!
Jamie Walby

1st Feb 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If any of you boys need some ink or toners for your printers u2u me! Sold Whittie some ink last week, so he can back me up that its legit!
AndyKent

1st Feb 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
We've got a HP Design Jet T770 HD turning up on either Thursday or Friday. Got it for £1500+VAT including the stand and print catch basket.

2400x1200 dpi resolution
28 seconds to print an A1 drawing
8GB dedicated file processing memory
160 GB Hard Drive

Cheers for the help

Wish we could replace ours I mentioned it to my boss after this thread about quicker print times available etc but he passed it off as being too busy.

We have to allow 5 minutes for a heavily coloured A0 drawing. I wouldn't mind if it was photo quality but we're only talking autocad hatches
Whittie

2nd Feb 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
If any of you boys need some ink or toners for your printers u2u me! Sold Whittie some ink last week, so he can back me up that its legit!

Aye Next day delivery too.
mwg

3rd Feb 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New plotter turned up at 11am. The engineer they sent to install it puts it together, plugs it in then discovers its fucked.

You spend the best part of 2k on a brand spanking new plotter and its broken Supposed to be getting another one delivered tomorrow. Not a good start!
mwg

3rd Feb 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know of anywhere you can buy Oce plotter parts from? I've taken our old Oce CS2024 plotter to bits to find out whats wrong and see if it can be repaired and the flat white cable that sends the signal to the print head has rubbed through against the plotter casing so that looks like thats' why its not working.

So if I can get this new part relatively cheaply I can fix it and we can have 3 working plotters in the office.

New Poll