corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Loom help, plug identification

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loom help, plug identification
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passenger side rear, I think this is boot lid functions - wiper, locking etc.?

This one was bundled up near the light cluster.

pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the wiper, locking and boot lid light my friend. Should be tied to the thickish grey ariel cable as well

Sorry that's the top one mate.

The bottom one looks like either some form of towbar indicator add on...

But I can't be sure on that one!

I'm also concidering this job

[Edited on 27-01-2011 by pow]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm not sure what else is back there.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only things I can think of that run down the passenger side are as follows:

Plug behind passenger kick panel
then it splits for
Central locking stuff (which earths just infront of the handbrake)
Loom for the drivers door (leccy windows/mirrors/CL/speakers)
Heated seats
then under the rear seat it splits off for the Fuel Pump and gauge sender
then at the back you have the Rear lights, rear speakers, that boot connector.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't some late higher spec Corsa's have some wiring/ariel plugs for a digital/GSM ariel of some description?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, you've got the one for all the boot bits. No idea on the other one though I'm afraid. I reckon you planted it, I don't remember seeing it there

As you know, there's no aerial cable back there in ARO anyway, I ripped it out when it split rather than running a full new cable through the roof lining etc.

Where do the wires from the random plug go anyway mate, just to the connector in the passenger footwell? If you can spec up pin numbers/locations, I'll take a look in Autodata.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just back to the front of the car.

There was some funny looking grey aerial wire in there with what looked like a SMA connector, never knew that was OE.

That loom has loads of stuff though, heated seats were in there at both ends, connectors for the auto box selector, both airbags. I've removed loads of stuff.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe that plus was for a rear courtesy light? Auto box selector
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So a full loom, with next to no additional spec from standard

Just tried to look at Autodata, but can't find the multiplug from the passenger footwell at all, so I think we've drawn a blank there. I followed the heated rear screen from the switch to the screen itself, but it doesn't show the plug at all.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking from another perspective, at the rear of the car there are two light clusters and a fuel tank. As long as they function we're doing OK
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true! Could always do rallycross style, with two brake lights in the rear window - it won't need fogs, reverse or indicators as with mikes driving, nothing will be passing him anyway
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll