corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anybody good at CVs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anybody good at CVs
sam-smith

User status: Offline
29th Jan 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really sure why you WTFing...

just some random shit i had to do towards my apprenticeship
Haimsey
Premium Member

29th Jan 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is currently 4 pages, after it got looked at its soon to be back down to 2. Learnt a lot about making your cv a great tool for structuring your interview.
Never viewed it from that perspective before.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
emicen

29th Jan 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
Sam Alexander Smith
samsamsam1238@hotmail.com
About me:

I am a very hardworking, outgoing young individual. I am very punctual and reliable, and like to work to very high standards, within the designated time frame given. I work very well with others as part of a team, but also on my own initiative. I am always polite, courteous and conduct myself in a professional manner in any tasks I am involved with

Qualifications: (Hele’s Secondary School – 2001-2006)

English Media - A
English Language - B
Mathematics - C
Science Double Award - C C
Art - C
Geography - D
Graphics - C

• City & Guilds level 2 – Applying Engineering Principles
• NVQ level 2 – Performing Engineering Operations
• Key Skills level 2 – Working with others
• Key Skills level 2 – Improving own learning and performance
• Key Skills level 2 – Information Technology (ICT)
• Certificate for Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
• Edexcel level 3 – BTEC National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Double Grade Merit Pass)
• NVQ level 3 – Mechanical/Electrical Marine Engineering
• Certificate of Completion Advanced Modern Apprenticeship including Technical Certificate for Marine Industry 2006 – 2010

Achievements:

Worshipful Company of Shipwrights her Majesties the Queens Silver Medal
- Attended the candidates selection programme.

Work:

Princess Yachts International PLC Marine Engineer September 2006 – Present

I started my apprenticeship with Princess Yachts International in September 2006, and I have been working as a fully qualified Marine Engineer since January 2010.

My job role includes being able to work on all areas of the boat; this includes building engine rooms and propulsion systems, running looms and wiring 24 volt DC and 240 volt AC, running and connecting pipework and plumbing systems and fitting lighting and entertainments

I am currently working on the Princess 72 motor yacht building the lower helm console, this includes laying out all cable runs, connecting 24V DC systems and navigational equipment, wiring circuit breaker panels and screens and setting up steering as well as testing all components when the console is finished.

Interests and Hobbies:

I have a strong interest in travelling and I am committed to migrating to Australia. I like motor sports such as drag racing and 4x4 Land Rover competitions, in which I participate with my Father. I enjoy reading and walking when I take out my dog. I have an interest in computers from laptops to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I like meeting up with my friends and I enjoy driving, which falls in with the motor sports. I have helped my Dad do work on his 4x4 and I do work on my own car.

References:

Available on request

As per the others, education should be newest first and you really could also summarise the school part. As in, does it really matter you got a D in geography but rescue the situation with a C in art? Just say 7 GCSEs.

Spelling and grammar, let word have a look at it and definately no commas before 'and'.

Personally I put my personal statement after education and work experience. Page 1, qualifications and work experience. Page 2, personal statement/additional skills, other interests to show your human side.
M2RTY

29th Jan 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look over CVs for work

fist 3rd of page 1 is all i read if i have 5 to go through

KEY POINTS NEAR THE TOP

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anybody good at CVs 24 database queries in 0.0095301 seconds