corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apprenticeship

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apprenticeship
XSIHardy

User status: Offline
4th Feb 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am 20 and currently working at morrison's full time , basically in a dead end job.

I have got rent to pay and have a car on finance, so money is a little tight atm.

Whilst looking though many job sites i came across a Apprenticeship at Lincoln college, now i no its going to be a massive drop in money, but in the long run, would it be worth selling the car, moving back in with the parents and starting back from square one

no idea what to do
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it, it will be worth it in years to come, 4 or 5 years down the line you will have a career and the rewards will be there.
Whittie

4th Feb 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day mate, it's a career. Morrisons isn't (unless you're working towards management....)

I'd say go for it! Good luck.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the apprenticeship actually doing and what qualification will it get you?

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by loafofbrett]
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want to find yourself a job/placement before you start college or you'll earn nothing!

Failing that look for a place like this....

http://www.kits-training.co.uk/

But in your area.

I went to KITS when i started my apprentaship.
XSIHardy

4th Feb 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its at Lincoln college

"You will be part of the College Apprentice scheme and will undertake a NVQ iTQ course, gaining experience around the college network"

Which for me would be ideal, as i already have IT qualifications, i just don't have any field experience at all.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its an IT apprentaship?

Have you thought about using your holidays to go do your CCNA etc?
Conway563

4th Feb 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're interested in an IT apprenticeship have a look at QA.
We've got a load in on placement and they seem to be really well taught
XSIHardy

4th Feb 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have looked before into doing courses with companies but there prices are so steep!

The only qualifications i have ATM are my city and guilds, which was basically building the stations and putting software onto them.
ChrisBoom

4th Feb 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did this, quit a fairly well paid job, but I had no interest in the industry.

Now a £149 a week apprentice, doing work I really enjoy. 4 years time ill be on £28 an hour
XSIHardy

4th Feb 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see whats what i keep thinking, in 5-6 years time i might actually be on like 20K a year, which for me would be amazing.

But i don't no if theres money in what i want to do, over all goal would be a network consultant

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apprenticeship 23 database queries in 0.0091269 seconds