corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mobile valeting ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mobile valeting ??
laingyla

User status: Offline
6th Feb 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anybody know what size water tank i could put in the back of a vx astra mk4 van ??
Rich H

6th Feb 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on payload of van and how much other kit you plan on carrying!

1l of water = 1kg, plus tank weight which will be ~30kg.
laingyla

6th Feb 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well generator , perssure washer ,hoover and products what ltr tank would you recomend ?
Rich H

6th Feb 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you've really though this through have you?

I don't mean that in a rude way, but what sort of market are you aiming to promote yourself to?

High end valeting and detailing will mean 1 or 2 cars a day so less need for large amounts of water and bulk products, larger amounts of cheap fleet wash valeting means the need for more water.

I carry 250ltr's, you could probably just about fit that in the van, but I can't imagine the payload is that high on an Astra? A Connect SWB is ~700kg.

With a genny, hoover, products etc you could probably only manage 150 - 175ltr tank.
laingyla

6th Feb 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no your not rude dude just looking into it , so how many cars would you say you could do a day with a 175 ltr tank ?
sri_baby

6th Feb 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair ive looked into doing it myself but once you've paid out insurance, fuels, cleaning products and so on there's not alot of profit left then uve got to think about bad weather then theres winter unless you have your own unit, its alot to think about
Rich H

6th Feb 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri_baby
to be fair ive looked into doing it myself but once you've paid out insurance, fuels, cleaning products and so on there's not alot of profit left then uve got to think about bad weather then theres winter unless you have your own unit, its alot to think about

Insurance is the key thing to make sure you have too! Unit's aren't always necessary, I'm in to year 4 now and busier than ever and I'm still fully mobile. The key is to build up a good client base and prove you're good at what you do. It's certainly not easy work / easy money, but if you enjoy it and are good at it, it'll work

laingyla - you'd get around 2 full valets, 3 - 4 mini valets. Depends how extravagant your water useage is, the flow rate of your pressure washer, how many buckets you use washing a car, etc etc
laingyla

6th Feb 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww cheers mate youve been a massive help any tips or hints ?? lol
CORSA NUT

6th Feb 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't imagine valeting for a living don't get me wrong I love cleaning cars and am interested in the detailing world BUT

In work I 'Clean' about 7 a day plus all my other jobs. This just involves TFRing and brushing the body, spraying the alloys with Ali shine, blasting it all off with a proper industrial washer, chamoising the car Inc the boot and door sills etc, THEN hoovering the inside and cleaning and marks on the mostly beige interiors and finally putting highstyle on the wheels.

This gets the cars to the standard they need to be if Lexus give us a surprise visit. Basically I'm fucked every night when I get home and have zero energy to go the gym etc and BTW I've always been a proper grafter.

I couldn't see the point if all was getting was £25 a time for a 'Valet' and could only really do maybe 2 a day. Obviously Rich is in a totally different league than a valetor but he's spent years learning his trade and can
now charge accordingly for detailing work that earns him proper money.

Rich H

6th Feb 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by laingyla

No.

Edit: Cheers Alan - yeh unfortunately dealership valeting is purely focused on budgets, not quality. A fair percentage of my work is still valeting, but high end / quality valeting still spending a fair amount of time on each car, using decent products etc. Detailing is where the money is, but it's not when there is a large increase of weekend warriors thinking just because they've spent £200 or so on Clean Your Car etc, they're now ready to "detail" a car and charge detailing money. That is unfortunately killing the industry and ruining the reputation.

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by Rich H]
derick-sport

6th Feb 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad on detailing world had a 250 litre tank in the astra the built his rear space around it quite a stunning van if you can find it
Rich H

6th Feb 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by derick-sport
Lad on detailing world had a 250 litre tank in the astra the built his rear space around it quite a stunning van if you can find it

James B, Auto Finesse. That was a MK5 though which is a bit bigger, he had the tank custom made, and ran an inverter under the passenger seat rather than a generator

He's now got a Nissan Primastar though so a bit different now! Also, he has / had a unit so the van was never used for anything too taxing.

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by Rich H]
boz_gsi

7th Feb 11 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got one i used to carry in a mk4 astra van.. pm me if you want to know more.. i could even sell it you if you like as i still have it
MarkSport

7th Feb 11 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:
Originally posted by laingyla

Yes.Don't work my patch

Edited
TomTay

7th Feb 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking about mobile valeting for quite some time but then after working out prices on van, tanks and everything else, it works out cheaper if you can get a unit for about 75/80 a week, roughley so you can fit 4 cars in and still have space to do your work, i'm in the middle of setting my unit up, priced everything up and came to 4-5k, and thats with alot of stock too and quality stuff, ive been valeting for around 7-8 year now as 'mobile' if you like, as in using their water and electrics, but the weather doesn't help so for me it a unit FTW

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by TomTay]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mobile valeting ?? 23 database queries in 0.0153451 seconds