corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hids

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hids
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
7th Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all has anyone put hids in morettes and have they been pulled for having them in and would you tell me what temp ones you got you know like 8000k ones etc
redtom

7th Feb 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran them in morrettes in one of my old cars. 6k. blinding when it was following you but did give good light.

never got pulled but to be honest they were clearly blinding so probably just lucky to get away with it
8vcorsa

7th Feb 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh im thinking of getting 8000k ones tbh but dont know whether id get pulled with them in like
p93sco

7th Feb 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had mine for a good 5 or 6 month now only been pulled once for them and that was on x-mas eve when they probably had nothing better to do, i have just left them in and never had any more bother again, i was told if i got cought with them again it is a 30 quid fine iirc
Gareth F

8th Feb 11 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had hids in my morettes for about a year and no problems at all.
novarobbo

8th Feb 11 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might not be worth buying them soon as there is a new mot due to start which states any car with hids/xenon lights that are not factory fitted will fail.
Phillips_91

8th Feb 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm running 6K hid's in morettes, never been pulled for them but they really are blinding..

most i've had is i pulled over to let my mate out and a police tranny van came other way stopped next to me and asked me to turn 'full' beam off
Phil W

8th Feb 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People install HID's but don't actually think to adjust the headlights once they are in.

The characteristics to HID's are completely different to Halogens, you can bang on about legality all day long but you won't be blinding people if you have the lights set up correctly.

Go to an MOT Test Centre once they are set up and ask them to set them up correctly for you, it won't cost more than a tenner and will benefit oncoming drivers and your view of the road at night.
Phillips_91

8th Feb 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine have been set up properly but they scatter the light so much it still shines in peoples faces
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running mine in Morettes (6000k ones) and had my first long drive at night with them fitted yesterday - they are aimed correctly too - but, I felt I had a better light output with them fitted to my Depos than the Morettes if i'm honest...
pow
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it with pencil marks on my garage door on my Ibiza, passed 2 MOTs as well
novarobbo

8th Feb 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they will pass mot's for now but the new mot for hid's/xenon's starts next year iirc
sri_baby

8th Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 8000k in mine and havent bin pulled and they passed mot to so its all good

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hids 23 database queries in 0.0058069 seconds