corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » while people have detailing on the brain...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author while people have detailing on the brain...
Bobber123

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a flat black corsa b sri, its 18 years old and has a fair few marks in the paint and was swirl marked to death,
today i have used a fine gmop with some zero compound liquid shine, its done quite well with the bad swirl marks.
However i am still faced with the marks that buffing will never get rid of and as its black they stick out like a sore thumb, So... whats the best product to use to cover these before a sealer/wax is used to protect it?

cheers.

[Edited on 08-02-2011 by Bobber123]
Piér

8th Feb 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can cover up marks made by machine polishers, you need a finishing polish with a finishing pad
say a Megs WDFF7 Solo Finishing pad with
SFX-3 Final Finish Light Cut polish

that should do the trick
Piér

8th Feb 11 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even SRP if you have a finishing pad
Bobber123

8th Feb 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean like little chip marks that show up as white dots, can some black wax or polish or something be used before a hard finish goes on?
Piér

8th Feb 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could give the paintwork a IPA wipedown but I dont know if it will remove the residue from the chips unfortunately sorry mate.
novarobbo

8th Feb 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could go over it with g10 to get rid of the swirls left by compounding then use a polish sealer and wax.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » while people have detailing on the brain... 23 database queries in 0.0084469 seconds