corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ongoing dilemma with my powerbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ongoing dilemma with my powerbox
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
10th Feb 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a few of you may know i have had problems with the hoses coming out of my powerbox. but i have fixed these now and they are tight. when i started the car again it seemed quiter but still revvy. i got some maintenance spray and sprayed all around the 3 pipes coming from the inlet and it didnt make much of a change at all to the revs so i know i have fixed them. when i sprayed the spray under by the left corner of the manifold (by throttle body) the car revs dramatically dropped. i have been told time and again to change the top bolt that earths the alternator but this doesnt touch anything. i have however noticed that the corner of the throttle body is coming into contact with the bracket which the alternator earths to.

Anyone else had this problem? would i have to chnage the bracket or grind it down (bend it)
AlexW

10th Feb 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a pic.
Aerox-lad

10th Feb 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have to wait untill tomorrow mate as weather is shite and not light
Aerox-lad

13th Feb 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well managed to move that bracket out the way (cut it down) put the manifold back on and same old story need a new powerbox i think
Richardhhha

14th Feb 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like the seal between throttlebody and power box is pants mate first call is to re seal that, I never change the location of the earth wire... mine runs fine
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Feb 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a new gasket, with some sealer.

New Poll