corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance related clarification needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance related clarification needed
purcell7

User status: Offline
11th Feb 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On Sunday I'm going to look at a car to hopefully buy and will obviously need to insure it but I've currently got 4 months left on my current car insurance but only one month to pay. My question is if I let my current insurance run to claim my no-claims discount and insure the new car, so have two policies with me as the main driver is it legal?? Only ask as I seem to remember hearing that you can't be a main driver on two policies? But also thought about people who own several cars? If its not legal how do people insure several cars? they have to be on the same policy?? Thanks
mike56gte

11th Feb 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try add the new car to your current policy.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Feb 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfectly legal to have more than 1 policy with you as the main driver.Its only illegal to use your NCB on more than 1 policy.
purcell7

11th Feb 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to add the new car but they wouldn't quote me. So if my old policy has my no claims discount i can't use it on my new policy?! That's really not good, going from a corsa 1.2 > VTS, i need those no claims to get reasonable quotes! How can people do it who run a few cars?? surely anyone who cant use their no claims on another car would get stupid qoutes?
fir3vip3r

11th Feb 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use your no claims on the poweful car and then just have a 0 ncb policy on the slow car, is the only way to do it.

And others do it, by forking out a lot of money or commiting fraud.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Feb 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on age and what the other cars are etc.Use the NCB on the most expensive 1 etc.

No you cant use it on another car if its already in use on another policy.
purcell7

11th Feb 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have to see what my insurance company say! I'm 21 so no claims is pretty important, I'll have to use my no claims on the saxo and see what it does to my corsa insurance and if it costs more than having 4 years no claims would have to cancel it instead.

Thanks for the help guys
Corsa_Sport21

11th Feb 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant u just change the vehicle on your current policy??
purcell7

11th Feb 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they wouldn't insure it, well I'm with Adrian flux and NIG but NIG wouldnt and the other company flux found wanted £1k whereas i can get quotes for £750, they couldnt match it.
Ojc

11th Feb 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using my NCB on the Corsa and my dad used his NCB on his van, thats why we had to start from scratch again on the Mini as nobody was willing to mirror our NCB the cunts.
Norcy91

11th Feb 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the car, get a day policy to get it home, then wait 4 months till you have your NCB to insure the VTS?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance related clarification needed 23 database queries in 0.0103979 seconds