corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda EP3 People

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda EP3 People
Warren G

User status: Offline
13th Feb 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats needed for 230-240bhp

What inlet exhaust, remap (kPro?) is needed

taylorboosh

13th Feb 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best off u2u ing rob or him with the anni
Ash_EP3

13th Feb 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need the following:
- Intake of some sort (Gruppe M / ARC box)
- Inlet manifold (RBC)
- K100 / Kpro ecu
- Exhaust manifold (Toda is the best but it's £1k , I've got a DC Sports 4-2-1 on mine which is very good for the money)
- Catback (Spoon, Toda, Fujitsubo, Buddy club)

The stuff above isn't cheap and you're best bet is to trawl around online to find a good 2nd hand example otherwise you'll be spending over £2k

One chap on Type R Owners had similar mods to mine (except he had a standard inlet manifold and a TODA exhaust manifold which made 240bhp @ Eurospecs which read 5% under! )

The difference between K100 and Kpro AFAIK is that the KPRO you can map yourself however the K100 has to be mapped by a tuning company (using a KPRO )

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by Ash_EP3]
j10E W

13th Feb 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so much money for little gain imo,
AndyCorsaSport

13th Feb 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j10E W

N/A tuning for ya.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
Whats needed for 230-240bhp

What inlet exhaust, remap (kPro?) is needed

What ash said really but could work out cheaper for you as you could get it all done yourself and then just nip down to cpl to stick it on the rollers.

K100 is fine if you are getting someone to map it as 90% of the time you wouldnt be doing it yourself. Only thing you will miss is the USB port so you cant take live readings using a laptop

If you want me to keep an eye for parts let me know

PS F/I is more fun

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ash_EP3

13th Feb 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
Originally posted by j10E W

N/A tuning for ya.

Well yay and nay...

Rob R will confirm a mapped type R was as quick if not quicker than his stage 3.5 Astra GSI Turbo which he spent a few k on

But yea if you want big power numbers FI = FTW
Alex16v

13th Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had my final edition ep3 for nearly two years now and still love driving it.

All i have on mine is a JDM rear anti roll bar, AEM v2 indution kit, (had M's intake too loud and would not stop rattling!), and a baffled sump as i do a few trackdays.

Power on track is enough for me atm really well set up car as standard would deffinately recommend one.

Next step id go for a diff before more power if your going to be doing track driving to try and wind that power on quicker comming out of corners.
Ash_EP3

13th Feb 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex16v
I have had my final edition ep3 for nearly two years now and still love driving it.

All i have on mine is a JDM rear anti roll bar, AEM v2 indution kit, (had M's intake too loud and would not stop rattling!), and a baffled sump as i do a few trackdays.

Power on track is enough for me atm really well set up car as standard would deffinately recommend one.

Next step id go for a diff before more power if your going to be doing track driving to try and wind that power on quicker comming out of corners.

Civic Type R final edition? Is that a premier edition?

Yea I need the handling sorted on mine so badly, Spoon springs and FRSU on the list at some point
Alex16v

13th Feb 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:
Originally posted by Alex16v

Civic Type R final edition? Is that a premier edition?

Yea I need the handling sorted on mine so badly, Spoon springs and FRSU on the list at some point

Yeah premier/final edition. I had spoon progressives and n1 on last year, went back standard in both departments. lol.

Springs were ok did handle slightly better but i didnt like the way it was a bit stiff on normal roads and caused it to skit on the road a bit. Standard springs for me allow me to drive much quicker and iron out and little bumps in the road. Springs probably would have been better if i had used them on track.

I hear nothing but good things about the FRSU though, even with standard springs.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a quaife on mine, sooo much better

Well worth the money

Warren G

13th Feb 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a customer....abit of research, cheers people
Rob R

13th Feb 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

Rob R will confirm a mapped type R was as quick if not quicker than his stage 3.5 Astra GSI Turbo which he spent a few k on

Yup.. An EP3 with Gruppe M, RBC, DC Sports Header, Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust and a K100 was RIGHT up the arse of my Phase 3.5 GSI

Can only really echo what's been said in here already really although a full catback isn't totaly neccessary. A b pipe with a true 2.5 inch ID is plenty good enough as the standard item is like a McDonalds straw and the standard backbox isn't all that restrictive unless you've gone for FI.

If on the second hand market then the following.

AEM CAI - £100'ish
DC Sports Header - £200'ish
B Pipe - £100-£250 (Spoon B pipe is top end of the scale or Rob B on here was doing near enough Spoon replicas that are being resold from as little as £90)
K100 - £400 + £250 for mapping

So with a few bargains can be done for around a grand and would have a good 230bhp
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Feb 11 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might as well spend another £200 on the RBC inlet (bit like adding an x16xe power box) if your going to do it, closer to 250 then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda EP3 People 24 database queries in 0.0114541 seconds