corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well look what's just come on Auto Trader..and down the road from me

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well look what's just come on Auto Trader..and down the road from me
dannymccann

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop making these threads, I'm getting itchy with my wallet that only has moths on it!
scottyp1989

23rd Feb 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much more room have these got over a bora? been looking at the st's my self but need something that will have room behind drivers seat
whitter45

23rd Feb 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no recaros on orginal car in question
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 11 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate at work has one. Nice enough car, but not something that left an impression. Imo youl get bored quickly knowing what your like
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your right Steven
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Mondeo = family car to me, something you get when youve got kids and given up IMO

That scooby ftw!

Dude i'm 30 with my own home..married for 3 years and now have a new born baby I can't be tearing around in modified cars anymore as much as i'd like too.

Your 21 and have a 182..I remember them days

There are some VERY tasty Scoobys for sale at the moment for bottom dollar but they are for a reason, the worlds going to shit and it's only going to get worse. Have to make savings as much as possible.

[Edited on 23-02-2011 by CORSA NUT]
Phil W

23rd Feb 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
no recaros on orginal car in question

You don't on the ST TDCi's unless they were specified as an extra.
Phil W

23rd Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Nver heard of them mate?!

A guy developed them himself. He started with a Rover 75 CDTi (hence the RoverRon bit) and then got a Jag X-Type 2.0D (same engine as the Mondeo).

Did all his own software etc and they all seem to come back with the same reviews, great bang for buck. Similar to what the guys on here plug into their Astra CDTI's etc i suppose, but tailored specifically for the Mondeo engine. They are about £160.

http://tuning-diesels.com/Synergy1/tu3all.htm
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil W
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Nver heard of them mate?!

A guy developed them himself. He started with a Rover 75 CDTi (hence the RoverRon bit) and then got a Jag X-Type 2.0D (same engine as the Mondeo).

Did all his own software etc and they all seem to come back with the same reviews, great bang for buck. Similar to what the guys on here plug into their Astra CDTI's etc i suppose, but tailored specifically for the Mondeo engine. They are about £160.

http://tuning-diesels.com/Synergy1/tu3all.htm

That's very interesting mate Like the sound of playing with it till you get the ideal map rather than just any old generic one which lets face it just ramps it up to 10 and smokes it's head off

Decat gives really good results too!
BarnshaW

23rd Feb 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decat, exhaust and remap on the st tdci will see 180bhp and like 350 nm torque , watch out for blocked EGR valves though, guy on stdrivers does awesome decats and his name is wingy
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Barney i'll keep that in mind mate Not too sure how much i'll have any extra left over for mods though as ideally want to just get it 100% first

WELL...

I went to look at the one in my OP today! It looked as nice as i thought it would

They had refurbished the rims but not too the diamond cut spec didn't look as nice IMO but then again it's better than pealing laquer! The rear bumper had dropped a little which i've read is a known problem and there was a few nicks around the body also the front screen was cracked which he admited straight away had happend since they had the car and a brand new one would be done for the buyer..costly for them due to the heated part!

The gearstick felt a bit 'Stiff' too more so side to side and the clutch was not the smoothest i've pressed?! Shed any light on this Paul? Didn't get a drive as it was a bit hemed in and we were rushing a bit.

All in all i do want one but not for 7K with 96,000 miles

Phil W

23rd Feb 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUTAll in all i do want one but not for 7K with 96,000 miles

Sounds like you either need to get a Zetec S or if you can afford the fuel an ST220! TDCI's hold a premium over the V6's!
BarnshaW

23rd Feb 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sagging rear bumper is known issue, the bumper brackets are weak and crack, will not fall off but looks untidy, requires a foam block and to be refitted if it bothers you, clutch and gear should be light and smooth, check for damp under front mats in footwell as pollen filter if not changed bungs up and leaks into car!
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil W
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUTAll in all i do want one but not for 7K with 96,000 miles

Sounds like you either need to get a Zetec S or if you can afford the fuel an ST220! TDCI's hold a premium over the V6's!

No mate i just meant i've seen them with 75k on for 6K private I'll search for a while to get the best deal!
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sagging rear bumper is known issue, the bumper brackets are weak and crack, will not fall off but looks untidy, requires a foam block and to be refitted if it bothers you, clutch and gear should be light and smooth, check for damp under front mats in footwell as pollen filter if not changed bungs up and leaks into car!

There was some slight mold on the inside of the bootlid carpet too mate, is there an issue with leaking in the boot too?

The gearstick and clutch pedal might have been just me..
BarnshaW

23rd Feb 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the boots should not leak , the main things to look out for are literally the back bumper, the damp floorwells, peeling alloys is standard across the board. Other then that the diesels are pretty much spot on! quite a few for sale so get a minter at a good price or hold out for a perfect one
CORSA NUT

23rd Feb 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one

I'll update you when i get one
Phil W

23rd Feb 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear light seals were prone to failing on the MK2, not heard it happen much on the MK3 but I have read about it before!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well look what's just come on Auto Trader..and down the road from me 23 database queries in 0.0200131 seconds