corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion/ghosts/demons and the afterlife

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Religion/ghosts/demons and the afterlife
ed

User status: Offline
24th Feb 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
10 months of treatment should have solved something (although it was the 70's so maybe not, was probably LSD in her medicine) but still you'd think the medicine would have solved something.

How naive.
alan-g-w

24th Feb 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excorcism of Emily Rose is a a shit film.
Ronson

24th Feb 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
10 months of treatment should have solved something (although it was the 70's so maybe not, was probably LSD in her medicine) but still you'd think the medicine would have solved something.

How naive.

Explain how instead of just telling me I'm naive.
BarnshaW

24th Feb 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am open minded about this, yes i agree most cases are probably some form of mental health issue or underlying problem however i watched a documentary not so long ago about people who believed they had lived previous lifes before there current one and it was extremely inteesting, young children who could explain in great depth about a previous life and who they were and what they did, things they wouldnt have known etc, was extremely good
Ronson

24th Feb 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i am open minded about this, yes i agree most cases are probably some form of mental health issue or underlying problem however i watched a documentary not so long ago about people who believed they had lived previous lifes before there current one and it was extremely inteesting, young children who could explain in great depth about a previous life and who they were and what they did, things they wouldnt have known etc, was extremely good

What was it called?

It wasn't that thing where people got hypnotised was it? As I remember a program where people talked about past lives as they were hypnotised and it was claimed people could be talking about what the thought was a past life but could really be something they've seen on TV/read in a book etc.
BarnshaW

24th Feb 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it wasnt, il try and find it, was really good
sc0ott

24th Feb 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hole heaven and hell is just bullshit tbh.
Although we have built and invented many shit on earth, if a massive meteor the size of the sun was to come and hit earth and wipe us all out do you think we will be standing talking to each other in hell or heaven discussing how gutted we are to lose everything. I doubt it.
Ronson

24th Feb 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
After watching The exorcism of Emily Rose last week it I looked on IMDB for its ratings and info on it as it's based on a true story.

After a couple of minutes googling I found it's based on a German woman called Anneliese Michel google search results I also found a recording on youtube of the actual exorcism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

I don't believe in god and the devil but this made me think, what if there really is a heaven and hell?

If you listen to that sound clip above (its a few minutes long and probably not for the faint of heart) you hear the priest asking who he is talking to inside Anneliese Michel and he talks to 3 different "people" one of them being a priest that went to "hell" for doing his priest duties badly.

What are your opinions? Please don't fill this thread full of "fake" or stuff like "when you die, you die" etc as I'm looking for an open minded discussion, although we all have our beliefs and if you believe when you die, you just cease to exist and there is no such thing as a soul or spirit to go anywhere, explain why.

Nice to see the funny people aren't trying to be funny
BarnshaW

24th Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
The hole heaven and hell is just bullshit tbh.
Although we have built and invented many shit on earth, if a massive meteor the size of the sun was to come and hit earth and wipe us all out do you think we will be standing talking to each other in hell or heaven discussing how gutted we are to lose everything. I doubt it.

the thing is, how do you know that? how do you know that if the above happened and everyone died that there is no life after death?
sc0ott

24th Feb 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well technically you wont be dead then.
BarnshaW

24th Feb 11 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? how do you know what happens when you die? might be part of science and the process when you die to move on? fact is no one will know for certain until you die yourself
sc0ott

24th Feb 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos to say we arent already in the afterlife?
Ronson

24th Feb 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is something I thought of after watching Stephen Hawking on TV about the universe and multiple dimensions.

My theory may sound lame but bare with me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_M-theory

Stephen Hawking and some of his mates have a theory that we could be living in an 10 or 11 dimensional world (M-Theory, which is not yet complete and may well never be complete, its just a theory of course) and I came to a conclusion using M-Theory as my basis, I'll keep this short as I'll end up confusing myself

So we may be living in a 10 or 11 dimensional world, and I thought that when a person dies in this world we're all in now then maybe our "spirit" may pass on to another dimension, and as it is possible for us to pass on to another dimension then maybe ghosts/demons etc sometimes pass into our dimension, possibly by accident as they (in theory) have already left this dimension and moved on to the next, so have no reason to come back to this dimension.

Still with me?

By the looks of things I'm not the only one that is thinking of this, a google search found me this

quote:

Specifically, no... but there are scientific theories out there that surely point to a possibility of proving that spirits exist. The majority of Theoretical Physicists, particularly Stephens Hawkings believe in something called String Theory or M-Theory. These two theories suggest that we live in a 10 or 11-dimensional world. Parts of these theories can be proven mathematically, and the rest will most likely be proven within the next 50-80 years! The human brain can only see in 3 dimensions (length, width, and depth). However, everyone knows that there are actually 4 (the 4th being time). Einstein proved that we live in 4 dimensions (called Relativity) eighty years ago, however it’s just now being widely accepted and taught in schools. 80 years later!

So just think about the possibilities! We only have proven four… but imagine what just one or two more might look like, let alone eleven! It was Einstein who said that we only use around 10% of our brains. This would explain why the majority of humans cannot see ghosts. They can’t see into these “other” dimensions because they’re not using the part of their brains that allow them to. Spirits live on different dimensions or planes of existence. Look at it like this… our bodies aren’t who define us. They are just our vessels. Think of the brain (or soul) like the pilot and our bodies are just the planes we move around in. If we were able to use 100% of our brain, I'd bet that we definitely wouldn't need our bodies to exist. The same goes for spirits and ghosts. They can live and move around freely because they exist in a different dimension. Which I'm assuming, is where we go when our bodies die (or when the engine shuts down)!

From here http://hubpages.com/question/32610/has-scientists-ever-proven-the-existent-of-ghosts-or-any-paranormal-activity

I came up with this theory after watching some EVP's on youtube (starting with this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh5L9_UYPsE ) and I sent the video poster a message and tried talking about my theory but he never listened

OK so this EVP stuff could be fake I agree, but if its not then its possible that the "ghost" in the EVP clip above could see into the dimension we are currently in while we cant see into its.

Beegeezus that's a long post hope you stayed with it.
CorsAsh

24th Feb 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I see it, when I die I'll simply return to whatever state or form of existence I inhabited before I was conceived.

Having experienced (as far as I know) infinite nothingness before, why worry about returning to that state again?
Ronson

24th Feb 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's worried? I look forward to it.
nathy_87

25th Feb 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
no it wasnt, il try and find it, was really good

Yeah it does sound interesting that I would've liekd to of watched that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion/ghosts/demons and the afterlife 23 database queries in 0.1816459 seconds