corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook places claims

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facebook places claims
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Feb 11 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a location is tagged and you go to the page and there's a 'Is this your business?' link on it - what happens when it's clicked?

Can you nominate yourself, add more info then pass it on for someone else to continue with?

Cafe near my work wants to do this and he's asked me to help but I don't want to take ownership then look like it's mine forever.
ed

27th Feb 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To claim the place you click the link to start the process. They then ask you to upload or email them a photo of a bill with your address and you get control of the location page. You can do the same things with location pages as you can do with normal pages, just that people can check in.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I print an invoice for a loaf of bread with my name and that address, it's mine?

Can I pass it over later do you know?
ed

27th Feb 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, it will then put you as a page admin but you can add more people to admin the page afterwards.

I emailed Chuck from Facebook a copy of an invoice from Grundon for ours and I got it.

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by ed]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I remove myself at some point?
ed

27th Feb 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, you just go to the list of page admins and hit remove.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook places claims 23 database queries in 0.0826159 seconds