corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please !!! car stalls on its own

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help please !!! car stalls on its own
dthbenji12341

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need help urgently ive got a corsa b with a 1.6 astra multipoint engine in it and if i give it some beans down a dual carage way when i get the the roundabout and put the clutch down it stalls...anyone eles had thisproblem?...i did the paper clip test and it cum up with 24 wich is somthing to do with the speedo but im sure thats not whats causing it....anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?
Gary
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedo? Surely that wouldn't come up on a test.

Crank speed sensor maybe?
dthbenji12341

8th Mar 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what it cums up when u check it in the haynes manual...ive change the throtal position sensor/idle control valve/crank sensor...im puzzled cant think of any other reasons why it would do this
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Mar 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank sensor ... did it to me ... just cuts out. i also had a startor motor problem and burnt it out :/ so all bad !!
dthbenji12341

9th Mar 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just took the car for a drive it cout out twice at junctions..came back and did the paper clip test and came up with 24and 63 but i cnt find my book :/ can anyone tell me the faults? and how to fix em ?
AlexW

9th Mar 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It needs a speed sensor wired up.
dthbenji12341

9th Mar 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(aw06) whats a speed sensor? exuse me if i sound think but is it anything to do with the speedo...and how do i wire it up ?
biswell

9th Mar 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your speedo working mate ? if not that will be ur problem the injection computer uses the speedo and will cut out , if the speedo is working maybe try a another set of clocks mate
dthbenji12341

9th Mar 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer my speedo works...its an n reg corsa was cable driven dials but i changed it to electronic

New Poll