corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phono to optical audio?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phono to optical audio?
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all. New telly (lg ld450) has an optical input on the back for audio, however my logitech z4's run a phono lead? What the cheapest way to plug them directly in?

I have seen a convertors on amazon for about 40 quid but this is what the speakers cost. They are currently plugged into just the sky box but there is also a pc xbox and ps3 plugged in!

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by dan_m1les]
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolute cheapest and easiest way imo is get a phono to 3.5mm jack converter and plug it into the headphone socket, probs about 99p on ebay.

EDIT:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phono-3-5mm-Phono-Dual-RCA-Preout-1-into-2-RCA-/160469243171?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item255cb65523

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by loafofbrett]
Matty SRi

9th Mar 11 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Just got that exact tele last week, in the same situation but i got a phono to headphone lead and do it that way instead.
Dom

9th Mar 11 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By phono do you mean digital coax/SPDif? Or are trying to go from optical to analogue phono? Latter will require a DAC, former requires a digital converter which you can get from eBay/Maplin's etc

Isn't there an analogue feed from the TV if it's an analogue feed your after for your speakers?
dan_m1les

9th Mar 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a digital audio plug thing on the telly and my speakers have red/White wires coming out the back
noshua

9th Mar 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't there a red/white plug on the back of the tele that can be used for any source (e.g. hdmi, scart, etc)
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Isn't there a red/white plug on the back of the tele that can be used for any source (e.g. hdmi, scart, etc)

I assume most newer TV's don't have them. My Toshiba doesn't and neither does my parents new Samsung, optical only.

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by loafofbrett]
dan_m1les

9th Mar 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its annoying really, this new LG doesn't however the Sony LCD in the front room as a straight forward audio out(red/white)

New Poll