corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Overtook a Unmarked police car, but not pulled over..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overtook a Unmarked police car, but not pulled over..
Ben J

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I overtook an unmarked police car at 94mph once and they just pulled alongside and gestered to me to slow down. That was it. Was dead relieved. The motorway was empty tho.

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably just didnt have time to do an average check on you
Chris
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

05 is a bit old for motorway work
nathy_87

16th Mar 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can 'speed up' to overtake someone doing 70 then drop back down to doing the speed limit. So I was told by driving instructor).
Ben G

16th Mar 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put my high vis vest on once before when i had my white fiesta and the amount of people that shit themselves after overtaking me was unreal.

good game to play if you're bored.

in reality, most police officers aren't going to pull you over for doing 85 in a 70 (if 85 was on your speedo) as that's more like 78-80 depending on how far out it is.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Mar 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few weeks ago i had an off duty traffic cop trying to push me on.

Came belting up behind me just as i passed a car infront and he passed it too.I knew the road pretty well so wasn't slowing down too much for the corners yet stuck to the speed limit(60) after coming out the corners.
On the straights he would hang back then speed right up behind me.Done this for about 4-5 miles and had plenty chances to pass on the straights.He was in a white 60 plate Mazda 6 Sport.Could see the high vis over-vest with the markings etc and white shirt.
He eventually got bored and passed,taking the corners ahead on the other side of the road.

Ojc

16th Mar 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i put my high vis vest on once before when i had my white fiesta and the amount of people that shit themselves after overtaking me was unreal.

good game to play if you're bored.

in reality, most police officers aren't going to pull you over for doing 85 in a 70 (if 85 was on your speedo) as that's more like 78-80 depending on how far out it is.

Correct

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Overtook a Unmarked police car, but not pulled over.. 23 database queries in 0.0872419 seconds