corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20let - F20/F28

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20let - F20/F28
K2NY-G

User status: Offline
17th Mar 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people are running F20s on ther c20lets? And at what power?

I currently have both boxes sitting, but will be selling my f28 due to wanting a mech speedo drive with a diff. Im guessing the f20 will be ok for a while on standard'ish power till i get a new F28 sorted?

My old let did have an f20 but i was always worried it was going to shit itself lol
Col004

17th Mar 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont trust f20's on LET's at all mate.. Mine spat the diff at around 120 on a carrage way and locked the nearside wheel up untill the cv's got chewed then it free'd up. Wasn't a nice feeling but manged to hold it to a stop. Dont fancy that again so the f28 went straight it.
thomson

17th Mar 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a f20 with mine and it seems ok. standard power.
brod99

17th Mar 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a f20 and it spat of 5th out the box though a nice hole it made so putting a f28 in. Having a night mere tho
K2NY-G

17th Mar 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info guys... Not too sure what to do, f20 would only be in for a short time but probably going to be more hassle trying to fit the f28 with the engine in? Instead of all at once?
Rob E

18th Mar 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an f20 box in mine and it shit itself when giving it some (5th gear). Mine was rolling roaded at 260bhp and was the 3rd f20 box that I knew of that it had munched. Luckily mark off here who bought it put a f28 in her and its been fine
Corsa_Sport21

18th Mar 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At standard power it will be fine if you don't go about kicking its hole in all the time.

F20=200lb/ft torque maximum.
K2NY-G

18th Mar 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to spend a bit cash in this area so buying an F28 with quaife diff this weekend
sri boy

18th Mar 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F28 with diff and updated clutch and u should be fine bud make shure f28 dosent whine or crunch and selects gears no probs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20let - F20/F28 23 database queries in 0.0109859 seconds