corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay help
GTM

User status: Offline
19th Mar 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell things on ebay very rarely but have set it up so that the ebay fees are on a direct debit. Got sent a message saying i owed them sellers fees which pissed me off knowing i owe nothing and cant remember the last time i sold anything. I ignored it but this morning ive received a letter from a debt collection agency on ebays behalf! Logged onto my ebay and they rekon i owe them £10, debt collecters rekon i owe them £18. Id just pay it but i owe nothing so dont see why i should end up out of pocket just to make it go away. Ive got a number for ebay and will ring them tomorrow but im pissed off about how they have sent debt collectors after me for money i dont even owe. I rarely ever use ebay and cant understand how they are so adment i owe them money. My girlfriend is an estate agent and sais shes sure its the law i have to be contacted threatening debt collectors before they can send them after you.

Sorry for the essay just after some advice.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry about the debt collectors for starters. Can't see it going further than a few letters.

If you log into your account you can go on the seller area and look at a list of every previous transaction if you wanted

[Edited on 19-03-2011 by loafofbrett]
GTM

19th Mar 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant even do that mate, suspended my account!
C2RL R

19th Mar 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've not had your account hijacked have you? Maybe someone used your account to sell something?
If you don't owe them then you don't have anything to worry about!
Dom

19th Mar 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
Sell things on ebay very rarely but have set it up so that the ebay fees are on a direct debit. Got sent a message saying i owed them sellers fees which pissed me off knowing i owe nothing and cant remember the last time i sold anything. I ignored it but this morning ive received a letter from a debt collection agency on ebays behalf! Logged onto my ebay and they rekon i owe them £10, debt collecters rekon i owe them £18. Id just pay it but i owe nothing so dont see why i should end up out of pocket just to make it go away. Ive got a number for ebay and will ring them tomorrow but im pissed off about how they have sent debt collectors after me for money i dont even owe. I rarely ever use ebay and cant understand how they are so adment i owe them money. My girlfriend is an estate agent and sais shes sure its the law i have to be contacted threatening debt collectors before they can send them after you.

Sorry for the essay just after some advice.

There's your problem, you should have acted when you originally received the invoice.
I'd contact eBay as soon as and ask them what these sellers fee's are for, in particular and what item(s) the fee's are linked to. I'd also go through your PayPal/bank statements for eBay Seller Fee's and make sure everything tallies up against you're eBay Selling history as it could be possible that you do owe them.

Edit - Just saw that you have had your account suspended. If you've recieved feedback on every item sold then you should be able to link that to what eBay tell you when you contact them.

[Edited on 19-03-2011 by Dom]
GTM

19th Mar 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really should have sorted it out I know but I work stupid hours and I didn't really want to waste the little time I have proving I owe no money. I know its not an excuse. I've all my details and papal info but can't log onto my eBay account but did check after getting the first email and I owed nothing. It gives me the option when I try to log on eBay to pay the outstanding fee and I was tempted just to pay it to get them off my back but now its in the hands of the debt collectors. The letter from the debt company doesn't even explain the increased owed amount nor does it say my eBay account will be re activated. Google the company and it has nothing but bad reviews from people that have used the company to recover debts and the people that have been chased for money .
Brett
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My account is suspended for the same reason right now, as I haven't paid. You can still log in and access the seller area to view invoices, that's a definite.

Try clicking this link then logging in and selecting a recent invoice from the top right...
http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewAccountActivity

[Edited on 19-03-2011 by loafofbrett]
Dan
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd guess you do infact owe them. It's all automatic and it doesn't really make mistakes ime

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
GTM

20th Mar 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On ebay chat now, was there fault looks like they reversed a payment without telling me.
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you paid, they declined it, now you still owe them?

GTM

20th Mar 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
So you paid, they declined it, now you still owe them?

Yep and an extra £5 just for there trouble.
Chris
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have been paid back from a fault i would read up on Administration of Justice Act S.40

Take it you have been personally affected by the letters and emails?
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id imagine the payment was declined by your bank?

They wouldnt be charging you otherwise

GTM

20th Mar 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris
If you have been paid back from a fault i would read up on Administration of Justice Act S.40

Take it you have been personally affected by the letters and emails?

Nightmares and flashbacks tbh mate
GTM

20th Mar 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Id imagine the payment was declined by your bank?

They wouldnt be charging you otherwise

Cant understand why always money in there, no record of it been reversed either
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u got the payment going out to ebay on paypal or bank account statements

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay help 24 database queries in 0.0135348 seconds