corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking fine advice
antnee

User status: Offline
30th Mar 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posting on behalf of a friend

Basically i'm a student living in uni accommodation. I don't usually have my car at uni, but with the end of term this week I drove down so I could bring my stuff back once it's finished.

To cut a long story short, I was told I can't park at uni unless I buy a full-year permit, even though there are pay and display machines all over the car park. I don't want to park the car on the street (it looks a pretty rough road), so was wondering if I park the car from now 'til friday paying for a ticket everyday, would I have grounds to appeal if they did actually fine me?

Students wanting to park at my accommodation for the year need a parking permit. However, there are a number of pay and display machines around which to me and everyone else means that if you want to just park for the one day or whatever, use these machines.

I drove home late last night, got up this morning and put a ticket on the car, time: 10.25am. I came back from my lecture to find a red warning notice that had pretty much dissolved in the rain, which said that i could get fined if I dont get a permit or whatever. The time on this was 11.30am.

I went into the uni building and asked why, and the woman told me "you can't park on the car park unless you are a permit holder. You're basically parking for free, which is why you've had the notice."

Even though I contested that i'd paid the ticket, she was having none of it. Apparently the machines are there for staff only, not actual residents, and she says I have to park in the street, which as I said before, I REALLY don't want to do.

The signs around the car park aren't very clear, and to me make no mention that I as a student can't pay for a one-off ticket for the day. I took some photos of the signs and i'll try to post them below.

[imghttp://img59.imageshack.us/i/dscf5185p.jpg[/img]
[img]Basically i'm a student living in uni accommodation. I don't usually have my car at uni, but with the end of term this week I drove down so I could bring my stuff back once it's finished.

To cut a long story short, I was told I can't park at uni unless I buy a full-year permit, even though there are pay and display machines all over the car park. I don't want to park the car on the street (it looks a pretty rough road), so was wondering if I park the car from now 'til friday paying for a ticket everyday, would I have grounds to appeal if they did actually fine me?

Students wanting to park at my accommodation for the year need a parking permit. However, there are a number of pay and display machines around which to me and everyone else means that if you want to just park for the one day or whatever, use these machines.

I drove home late last night, got up this morning and put a ticket on the car, time: 10.25am. I came back from my lecture to find a red warning notice that had pretty much dissolved in the rain, which said that i could get fined if I dont get a permit or whatever. The time on this was 11.30am.

I went into the uni building and asked why, and the woman told me "you can't park on the car park unless you are a permit holder. You're basically parking for free, which is why you've had the notice."

Even though I contested that i'd paid the ticket, she was having none of it. Apparently the machines are there for staff only, not actual residents, and she says I have to park in the street, which as I said before, I REALLY don't want to do.

The signs around the car park aren't very clear, and to me make no mention that I as a student can't pay for a one-off ticket for the day. I took some photos of the signs and i'll try to post them below.

I'm thinking of just leaving the car where it is, putting tickets on it every day, and if they do fine me then i'll contest the ticket. I was just wondering if anyone on here who knows more about this kind of thing thinks this is a good idea?

I'm thinking of just leaving the car where it is, putting tickets on it every day, and if they do fine me then i'll contest the ticket. I was just wondering if anyone on here who knows more about this kind of thing thinks this is a good idea?

[Edited on 30-03-2011 by antnee]
carl123uk

30th Mar 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

park it somewhere else if you can. the cheapest place would be the roundaout car park of the ring road next to the skydome or the multistorey behind it where you can get a weeks pass for £10 i think.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id make an effort to park elsewhere but if she does get a ticket she can get out of it easy enough as its not a council one
John

30th Mar 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'd fuck you over if you parked there every day.
FAZ
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

park down alma road?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine advice 23 database queries in 0.0135221 seconds