corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Focus RS500 Vs VX220 SC - Video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Focus RS500 Vs VX220 SC - Video
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Apr 11 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for the turbo... maybe it would of been cheeper to get that and mod it, the turbo model was £5000 more than the na when i bought mine. plus.. ice owned a turbo, never owned a supercharger.
Adam_B

1st Apr 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Wouldn't it have been a hell of a lot cheaper buying the turbo version instead and then mapping it lol.

but it would be a completely different car, only comparable by the peak power output.

[Edited on 01-04-2011 by Adam_B]
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the peak torque you get on the turbos is generally always higher than a SC but you dont get it at the bottom end like you do on the SC.

the SC feels like it should of been a ltd edition from vaux. it deffinatly suits the vx best i think over the turbos and na versions. all seems to come down to who can put up with the noise lol.
Ben G

2nd Apr 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is quick but i know what i'd rather have day to day.

does the rs driver use a racing driver excuse at the end about his windows being down?
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was the passenger tbh.

there was no excuses made by the driver, he knew id be quicker just not by that much.

i was driving with a scooby which had 438bhp (he pulled over and we chatted) and i could just keep up only slightly gaining depending on who booted it first.
jacko198

2nd Apr 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite abit then!

I do love it, would definitely have one in the future
Wrighty

2nd Apr 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
that was the passenger tbh.

there was no excuses made by the driver, he knew id be quicker just not by that much.

i was driving with a scooby which had 438bhp (he pulled over and we chatted) and i could just keep up only slightly gaining depending on who booted it first.

a lardy newage one? id imagine a classic with that power would abliterate you, especially off the line
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was this exacy one, same wheels, and color lol

Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a WR1.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea.. is that good? i dont know scoobies at all.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Limited edition with only 500 made iirc.320bhp standard.
At the time they were released,they were the most powerful production Impreza.0-60 in about 4.5s.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite, well i cant tell you if thats the same one but it looked identical, same wheels the lot.

his brakes were different he had 6pots front i think and 4pots rear with fancy discs but other than that it was identical
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good chance it was then as they only done the WR1 in that colour.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet

if it did 0-60 in 4.5 with only 320 bhp im supprised i kept up with it with over 100 bhp more.. he certainly was

first thing he said to me was 'that was fun, tell me its not standard' lol

[Edited on 02-04-2011 by chris_uk]
Adam_B

2nd Apr 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car should be considerably better bhp per ton Chris, those things weigh nearly 1500kgs
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno then adam, it wasnt really a 1,2,3 go moment, he floored it then i did normally in a gear higher than i should of been in and only just started catching him. so its probably right.

based on 270 bhp and 860kg its 313bhp/tonne. his 440bhp and 1500kg is 293 so not that much in it really.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Focus RS500 Vs VX220 SC - Video 23 database queries in 0.0713139 seconds