corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Couches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couches
John

User status: Offline
12th Apr 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anywhere half decent with quick delivery?

I've been round the usual suspects and looked at a few online, not much can be had within 3 months.

Had a quick check on ebay there but I wouldn't want to chance it?

Any non obvious places I might have missed?
ed

12th Apr 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DFS near me have a large area where they sell returns. They're technically second hand, but you can take it away there and then. I'm sure they will have the same thing in other stores?

Otherwise there is http://www.made.com/ if you like the almost identi-kit home look. Or even Ikea.
John

12th Apr 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DFS stuff is shit, it's not even cheaper than better stuff to make up for the fact.

Been in Ikea, nothing caught my eye.

Hadn't seen made.com, nothing I fancy there sofa wise, I like a couple of the tables and lamps though.
ed

12th Apr 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sofa was from DFS, there are some quality issues with the cushion stuffing as feathers are leaking everywhere now, but apart from that it's been OK. It's about 4 or 5 years old now and it's not really worn at all.
John

12th Apr 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit was maybe the wrong word, I don't know about actual quality, they just didn't feel very good to me, that's not to say they aren't hard wearing, which would be good, I might give it another go.
Tom

13th Apr 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a sofa from CSL, noticed when in the shop/online they have a range of stuff that can be delivered within '72 hours' but that's all really popular stuff. The corna unit I ordered was a popular model but because I wanted it 2.5 by 2.5 it will be delivered within 8 weeks (the salesman said they overstate times though).
John

13th Apr 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at CSL, was tempted by a couple, they don't deliver here.

I'm really, really, really fed up looking at couches
Cavey

13th Apr 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming you want decent stuff then, or at least to specification?

So probably not Argos? Wilkos? John Lewis, any department store really?

We got ours from DFS like you said, 3 months delivery, not had a problem with it in the 2 and a bit years we've had it, and it's got a 10 year warranty anyway.

If you're not as picky (but this is John after all...), try the usual places, but the display models, obviously they'll be instant delivery
John

13th Apr 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in DFS again today, I seen a fabric one, the leather just isn't very good.

Not argos.

We've got some 'invite only' thing to Reid tonight so I'll try there, if they don't have anything might just get the one from DFS, said they could get that in 7 weeks.

It's not to be fancy spec, just a corner one that we like the look of. Would be nice to have some decent feeling leather but i'm not spending enough to get it.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got two from CSL, they advised 12 weeks, were ready in 8, are looking fresh two years on and the leather is great quaility but they werent cheap.

I also looked at DFS, SCS, Harveys and a couple of other locals and they just werent as good.

TBF its a chew to wait bu go for something that will last even if it takes 6 weeks or so.

I went for this http://www.csl-sofas.co.uk/leather-sofas/Vantage

in a 4 and a 3.5 and got some free leather upgrade, only issue is theres no deal to be done, also the site is saying that you can have that model in less than 72 hours which if you can find the right colour is useful as per my wait

Whats your budget?

edit: I have the truffle leather and the 3 and 2.5 listed on their site is essentially a 4 and a 3.5.

[Edited on 13-04-2011 by Toby]
Tom

13th Apr 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for the micro fibre one, meant to be really hard wearing and this one is really comfy (I was quite intent on getting a full leather until I sat on some of them):

http://www.csl-sofas.co.uk/corner-groups/Halo/2.5-CORNER-2.5/507-11648
John

13th Apr 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No specific budget, south of 2k would be preferable though.

The fabric one I sat on in DFS today was amazingly comfy.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k will get you a couple of nice sofa's.
Colin

13th Apr 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reid took a good few months to deliver mine
AndyKent

13th Apr 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really struggled when I got mine. DFS and a couple of others were truly shit. I'd have preferred M&S or John Lewis stuff but it was serious ££££.

Ended up going for Harveys - main sofa came in 4 weeks, but had to wait 10 weeks for the matching armchair. Not a disaster, least I had something to sit on straight away.
antscorsa

13th Apr 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried Habitat?
John

13th Apr 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not tried habitat, can't be one at the places I've went, I'll keep my eye out for one.

Not for a couch though, finally ordered one tonight.

http://www.reidfurniture.com/sofa-collection/corners/broadway-2str-laf-cn-2str-raf-3.html

In a safe boring brown, 12 weeks I've got a loan of a couch until then anyway, just wanted my own quicker than that.

[Edited on 13-04-2011 by John]
Toby
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
John

13th Apr 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leather is nice which sealed the deal, that and I couldn't deal with going round any more couch shops.

We told the guy in DFS earlier on we were going to look at one in Reid just in case it prompted him to give us any money off, he told us not to give Reid a deposit because they were about to go into administration

New Poll