corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speedo cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedo cable
vickers-sport

User status: Offline
13th Apr 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much of a pig of a job is it to change the sppedo cable on the x14xe engine i have had a quick look and seems quite in accessable i looked through the site but cant find a guide does anyone know of one
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is your car? Earlier ones had cables, but (I think) post 97 cars just had an electronic sender on the gearbox.
vickers-sport

13th Apr 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is a 95 sri 16v mate
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the GSI one is in two parts. It's not too hard, but it ain't easy.
Will94

15th Apr 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was a 95 SRi X14XE and yeah its cable driven, id change jus the half thats bust and get the genuine part from vauxhall. The pattern ones seem to come in one part and they dont fit very well in my experience, get things like a noisy speedo head as the cable doesnt fit into it all that nicely

Id say go genuine
vickers-sport

16th Apr 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my cable was really really noisey before speedo packed in! thanks for the info

New Poll