corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe conversion
p93sco

User status: Offline
18th Apr 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am away to start a project corsa b and put a redtop in it but was wandering what is the best model to go for and also what would be the easiest for the likes of wiring ?

any help appreciated
johnhara1

18th Apr 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wiring is easy on all but the 12v shells so avoid them.

I'd go for an 8v shell that's got no electric windows or sunroof etc as it'll be the lightest.

I had an 8v twist, it didn't even have a cig lighter, no mfd either. Felt nippy with the 1.2 spi lump
p93sco

18th Apr 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew the 12v were an arse so never even bothered looking at them, i thought an 8v would be the way to go but thought i best check before i go hunting for one
joeseth17

18th Apr 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done mine in a 1,2 16v wiring was easy and i got to keep my electric power steering. mine doesnt have electric windows or anything just the power steering
p93sco

18th Apr 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so wiring is easy enough in what ever you do it in i take it, so i just need to find one with a clean shell and get it bought
joeseth17

18th Apr 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye pretty much, the 12v nd 1.2 16v shells, the wiring runs through the bulk head so u have to pull it back through. wheras other shells the wiring runs up the side like a redtop one does thats the only difference. u will understand if u look at a 12v shell against say an 8v or sport shell
p93sco

18th Apr 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the help am sure it will all come together when i actaully start doin it
joeseth17

18th Apr 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there all corsas at the end of the day and its not like it aint been done before so u will get there
Jamie-C

18th Apr 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wiring isn't much different in the 12v, If you can get a good clean 12v shell I wouldn't dismiss it straight away. The only difference as said is the wiring runs into the bay and you need to re wire the fuel relay as its behind the glovebox on the 12v.
p93sco

18th Apr 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right ok cheers bud,

New Poll