corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake light help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake light help
JBH

User status: Offline
19th Apr 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everybody I have a 1.0 12v x reg corsa b.
When I'm driving along somtimes when I press the brake the brake lights somtimes stick on, they maybe go off themselfs or I sometimes have to keep pressing the pedal. I thought it was the switch ontop of the pedal but I replaced that and still nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Matty W

19th Apr 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange one.. did you replace it for a new switch? check the pedal retuns far enough so its not still in contact with the switch, may need free-ing up a bit
JBH

19th Apr 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few out the scrappys mate, I know u can turn them to move the position but when the pedal is relesed it isn't hitting the switch, it just does it sometimes. I haven't got a clue lol
Matty W

19th Apr 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never seen it happen to a brake light switch but ive seen faults with boot lock switches where they have water between the conectors and every now and again unlocking the boot. water does strange things with switches, if youve got them from a scrappy, prise them appart and make sure there not wet or green with corosion inside
AlexW

19th Apr 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Master cylinder needs replacing. - Common fault.

[Edited on 19-04-2011 by AW06]
Matty W

19th Apr 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll keep an eye out for mine then. handy to know. cheers
JBH

19th Apr 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Master cylinder needs replacing. - Common fault.

[Edited on 19-04-2011 by AW06]

is that right mate, where's the best place to get one and are they hard to do, didn't think that could have been the problem that was probibally the last thing on my list lol
AlexW

20th Apr 11 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its due to the cylinder not returning far enough, If you got your foot under the pedal it should come up a bit more and the lights go off.

Its not really hard to change, scuttle has to come apart. Hardest bit is most likly bleeding the brakes after.

Best thing I can suggest is to buy a haynes manual.

New Poll