corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hayfever!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hayfever!
moka

User status: Offline
24th Apr 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can feel it starting , i usually suffer from it quite bad....

I really want to try something different this year to the usual loratadine or cetirizine hydrochloride tablets that do absolutely nothing (or very little if anything) so does anyone have any serious tips?

Has anyone had an injection that apparently stops hayfever (or even heard of it)?

I will probably be doing alot of driving this year so was even thinking about changing the pollen filter in my car? Would this make a difference at all? Its a R reg corsa and i doubt its ever been changed.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Apr 11 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fexofenadine, as early in the day as possible.

Think it's prescription only, but it sorts me.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Apr 11 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used Beconase nasal spray the last few years and it seems to do a good job. It advises twice a day use iirc but I've only ever used it on a morning which has always been adequate.
moka

24th Apr 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Fexofenadine, as early in the day as possible.

Think it's prescription only, but it sorts me.

Ill keep this one in mind, ill prob go docs when it starts getting really bad.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I've used Beconase nasal spray the last few years and it seems to do a good job. It advises twice a day use iirc but I've only ever used it on a morning which has always been adequate.

I have never really looked into these as its not just my nose thats affected... Eyes and throat too!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Apr 11 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might even be able to buy it normally, I've never tried.

Only problem is you can't drink.
Mike
Premium Member

24th Apr 11 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not just for your nose, it's just a different way of getting what's needed into your body so inhaling spray rather than swallowing tablets. Itchy eyes plagued me for years but not since starting on Beconase
moka

25th Apr 11 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok fair enough, id rather just take a pill though tbh that does sound like effort...

Ive made a hayfever thread as soon as i felt to symptoms for the past 3 years just to have a moan (search 'hayfever' author 'moka').

The last two were started on June (6th and 14th) but this ones April, the random hot weather obviously playing a part in that!
Matt L

25th Apr 11 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fexofenadine afaik is prescription only, its what i usually used and then had to use one of the off the shelf in the evening (not supposed to but i had to).

as for the injection last time i enquired about it, its more of a last resort according to the doctor i spoke to and you can only have it done a few times so i never had it done.
McWillster

25th Apr 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My advice to you would be to go to the docs now and enquire about some form of antihistamine. (Possibly the one Ian suggested)

I've always found that the sooner I start taking stuff to help my hayfever the less it effects me. If i let it get a hold of me it's just a constant battle to reduce the symtoms!

I always used to hate putting anything in my eyes and refrained from using eye drops. But one year my eyes were so itchy i decided to give it a bash and they helped ALOT.

I have Asthma aswell so i take a low dosage steriod inhaler aswell during the summer, don't know if thats relevant at all..
Cavey

25th Apr 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going for the man up approach this year, ignoring it for as long as I can, then when I take the pills I shouldn't have any resistance built up to them and hopefully they'll work better.

That's the plan anyway
Mike
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
Ah ok fair enough, id rather just take a pill though tbh that does sound like effort...

If you take pills with water then the spray is quicker, grab, quick shake, spray, spray up one nostril, spray, spray up the next, job jobbed and you're on your way rather than farting about with blister packs and getting a glass of water ready etc.
AndyKent

25th Apr 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always found Beconase worked brilliantly for mine. Not been as bad the last 2/3 years so haven't bothered, but it's got to be the easiest method.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hayfever! 23 database queries in 0.1791191 seconds