corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sportex complaint?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sportex complaint?
Jake

User status: Offline
29th Apr 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo its a brand new exhaust that has been delivered. the paint is only there to stop moisture getting to it and rusting it in the warehouse if theyre in storage for a long time
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Sportex Paintwork is shit - but then it's a fucking budget exhaust system, and if you wanted something nice and display worthy, you would have bought a proper Stainless item.

Here was my Sportex Manifold when i fitted it last year (brand new);

Here it was after 60 miles of driving;

Here it is now - a year on - undamaged, just completely missing the original paintwork

The centre pipe is a bit better, but has still lost a fair bit of the paint and has a lot of scratches now (it did come through the post, new, with marks like in the O/P too)

Like Jake says - the main reason for the paint will be so that the parts don't rust in storage - they are only Mild Steel after all...
Steve
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the paint isnt there to make it look nice, as jake said its simply a protection layer for when its being stored
Mark.W

29th Apr 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My janspeed 421 manifold came scratched so i repainted it then after a couple days driving it all flaked off i was gonna take it off and repaint it but it will just flake off straight away again unless anyone knows a really good paint that lasts long?
Jamie-C

29th Apr 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex (AW06) has painted his with BBQ paint, I'm awaiting the results to see if I should do mine.
johnhara1

30th Apr 11 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get it fitted and enjoy it you fanny!

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Apr 11 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you bought mail order then you have the legal right to refuse but you must return at your expense - Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

You are not legally in a position to expect compensation and I don't even think you have grounds to ask for it, you are not out of pocket for those scratches and would have a difficult time making that point.

If you were changing it then you may find they will cover the cost of couriering the exchange but this is in addition to their legal obligations.

Only other angle you could come from is Sale of Goods but you would need to be clear that the product is faulty or not fit for purpose. I don't feel either is the case here.

It's not brightwork and the cosmetics of those particular parts do not affect their ability to do the job of transporting exhaust gasses. And crucially, the metal is new, the fitment I expect would be suitable and it will last a reasonable amount of time.

You can certainly make the case to them, you do have some protection in law but you should be clear what that is.

Personally that would not bother me in the slightest given the condition that will be in after a few months' usage.

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by Ian]
Christopher

30th Apr 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, thanks for everyones opinions! Just wondered if i was the only one but its clear im not Exhaust is all fitted now and fine, not too bothered just wondered if i was legible to money back! Cheersss

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sportex complaint? 23 database queries in 0.0365829 seconds