corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How ridiculous

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How ridiculous
SteveW

User status: Offline
29th Apr 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, so...

I work in the freight industry for a software house that supplies freight agents and airlines the means to clear their goods through customs. Bit boring but it pays the bills, anyway onto my story for today

Just had a call from a customer how had managed to bar themselves from CHIEF (customs main system) now to unblock that bar we normally call a company called CCSUK, who are now entirely based in India and they charge the end customer £25 for their stupidity.. It is pretty stupid getting yourself barred because it means you have put your password in wrong 3 times. same as a bank PIN i guess

So, i call CCS up and their office is closed for bank holiday cos of the Royal Wedding.. Having to then page an engineer from their side which ups the charge to £75. I did ask them why they are on public holiday and he (in a very Indian accent) said its because its a Bank Holiday !!! I dont think the bank holiday applies when your not in UK ?!?

Sorry but that just peed me off

cool story though isnt it

Root

29th Apr 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crafty indians
Marc

29th Apr 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if they are providing a service to the UK
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as they don't charge extra on Indian holidays then it's fair game imo.
BluKoo

29th Apr 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe its a bank holiday in India too.
Root

29th Apr 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Maybe its a bank holiday in India too.

Indians don't have banks
SteveW

29th Apr 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
As long as they don't charge extra on Indian holidays then it's fair game imo.

I bet you they would.. Since moving everything over there that organisation has become a joke
Fro

29th Apr 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Capita who are one of the big outsources to India.

Generally they work to UK holidays/time frames.

I.e while we are working 9 to 5 here for example they will be at work the same time as us irrespective of the time zones.

But they have to ask for time off for their Indian holidays and as far as capita is a concerned i believe they dont charge more for Indian holidays.

The big kick in the kisser is that whilst the staff in India are being paid alot less the Indian side of the company charges the UK side for each staff member which ends up equating to the same/if not more than the cost of someone in the UK.

Edit: even thought they are part of the same group

[Edited on 29-04-2011 by fro-dizzle]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How ridiculous 23 database queries in 0.0049751 seconds