corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2nd engine and 2nd time ripped off .. Please Help Lol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2nd engine and 2nd time ripped off .. Please Help Lol
rcameron1991

User status: Offline
29th Apr 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i need help lol I do not know alot about engines atall. Got a serious oil leak coming from the 1.4 engine I got fitted and was assured the engine was perfect, no problems.

Its been cammed 'supposedly' so it runs lumpy and sometimes stalls, didnt think the cams would or should make the car stall?
Then I realised I was leaking oil and it started getting worse till it was almost a puddle .. took it to the garage but even after cleaning the engine it was still hard for them to tell where the oil is coming from, possibly the exhaust manifold and the sump ..

My last engine was fucked after realising it needed new piston rings and a rebuild, its now looking like this is the way this engine is going .. is it worth rebuilding this engine, buying a new engine or just giving up?

advice is much appreciated and is needed. Alot!
dragon2309

29th Apr 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would oil be coming from the exhaust manifold?? lol.

This new engine, with the oil leak, i'd find the leak, fix it, then read error codes and general fault find to figure out why its lumpy. Any cams running on standard pistons wont make it lumpy enough to stall, no.
rcameron1991

29th Apr 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, I know very little about engines .. I just kinda believe what Im told because I dont know any better lol ..

It's like there's two leaks .. Its as if oil is coming from the top of the engine somehwere?
sri_baby

30th Apr 11 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil pressure sencor ???
LETcorsa

30th Apr 11 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it leaking from the rocker cover?

New Poll