corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What could be wrong?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What could be wrong?
DJMartin07

User status: Offline
2nd May 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As many of you lot know I own a 2000 reg Corsa Sport, and also the many who know me very well, know that I never seem to have any fucking god damn luck with cars.

I've just spent £675 getting bits repaired on it last week, but one problem that my garage hasn't been able to sort because I have to use my car as a daily and can't really give it to them for the time needed to look at. I just don't know what could be wrong with it.

But if I leave the car over a weekend for 2 days, or in the case of me being ill since Thursday evening to this morning. I will start the car with my never ending problematic X16XE and drive off, but the car sounds like it's either misfiring from one of the cylinders or not even running on all 4 cylinders. It sounds dodgy and after about 2mins+ of driving it will all of a sudden feel like a power surge kicking in, and run fine all week until it's not run over another weekend again.

Has anyone had any similar problem, or know what it could be??? Cos i'm fucking confused and I trained as a mechanic for 2 years, just don't have the tools or work in a garage to try and sort it myself.
RCoughtrie

2nd May 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have you had repaired / changed to date ?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd May 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will move this to help zone in a minute
DJMartin07

2nd May 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's had this problem long before my recent repairs. It happened shortly after I had to have the abs sensors replaced and fuel pipes for the canister in the wheel arch after some dum whits at some garage using a oxy-acetylene torch for my tracking and melting all the vital bits under there. So about a years it's been doing it. Should of had it checked out by now, but I work hard to get no where with cars and everything in general.
DJMartin07

2nd May 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
will move this to help zone in a minute

Forgot to put it in the help zone until after I posted it.
Marbro

2nd May 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any smoke during the first 2min when you drive?
DJMartin07

2nd May 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it's inital start up, yes. But then I have got fuel de-cat and silencers removed. But it is quite abit of smoke compared to my last Corsa.
RCoughtrie

2nd May 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
It's had this problem long before my recent repairs. It happened shortly after I had to have the abs sensors replaced and fuel pipes for the canister in the wheel arch after some dum whits at some garage using a oxy-acetylene torch for my tracking and melting all the vital bits under there. So about a years it's been doing it. Should of had it checked out by now, but I work hard to get no where with cars and everything in general.

Have you inspected and cleaned the injectors since they damaged and replaced parts ?
DJMartin07

2nd May 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, cos they didn't touch the injectors. I have been thinking that it could be a dirty injector possibley. I might just put in a new engine tbh. Just had a new sump put on it, along with brakes, cv boot, and a hole welded up. Why is it, no matter what car I own they always go fucking wrong big time.
Anty
Premium Member

2nd May 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coil pack?
RCoughtrie

2nd May 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
Nope, cos they didn't touch the injectors. I have been thinking that it could be a dirty injector possibley. I might just put in a new engine tbh. Just had a new sump put on it, along with brakes, cv boot, and a hole welded up. Why is it, no matter what car I own they always go fucking wrong big time.

If they had damaged fueling parts under the wheel arch, any shit could of been taken to the injectors be it while running or from the damaged caused

Simple job to remove, clean and a quick blast of air or even get a set to test out from a mate
DJMartin07

2nd May 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's true, cos that happened to me in Worksop when I was with my mate when we lowered my car and did the zorst system, and I drove it back and for a week with the lines open. xD So knowing it my fault.
davieslim

2nd May 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it to a different garage and get a compression test done, had simular issues with my x16 and it was due to a burnt out exhaust valve
Jed D

2nd May 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds a bit like it'll just be something simple not functioning properly. as already said try changing the coil-pack or dis-pack on them isn't it. leads and plugs too...

i once had a 1.2 16v and it had exactly the same symptoms as yours, work drove fine when it'd warmed up properly, i changed the coil-pack and it solved it, then the warning light started to pop up for 10 secs and go away again, from time to time it done this then i changed the spark plugs and it solved that too.
simples
N3CRO

2nd May 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it's gonna go the way ya SRi did.
Also, why on earth did you spend almost £700 repairing a car thats barely worth £800!? Thats nuts!
johnhara1

2nd May 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my neighbours xe was doing this, injector was blocked with debris from the tank.
DJMartin07

3rd May 11 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Sounds like it's gonna go the way ya SRi did.
Also, why on earth did you spend almost £700 repairing a car thats barely worth £800!? Thats nuts!

Don't say the SRi, actually wait if it goes the way of the SRi then it could mean new engine time. Mwhahahaha I hope it doesn't though. I need it to get to work.

I'll clean my injectors out over the weekend, and see if that works.
Jed D

3rd May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
my neighbours xe was doing this, injector was blocked with debris from the tank.

how much was that to sort out?
johnhara1

4th May 11 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing, i took injector out, cleared as much shit off it as i could see, put it back in. It drove much better, ragged the arse off it and now it all good.
Jed D

4th May 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha mint
johnhara1

4th May 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were thinking burnt out valve or something at first but timing was fine and compression test was bob on (i did the headgasket and timing belt for him week prior to problems)

We were lucky i guess as it was an easy fix.

New Poll