corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Consulting

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Consulting
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jul 12 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be prepared to stay out longer than its said. I was in Cyprus implementing a project for a client was meant to be there for 5days was out there for 3weeks!
Reedy

16th Jul 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I mean that when I visit client sites, the most it will be is Monday - Thursday, which is good because I don't do much on those days anyway, then I'm in the UK on Friday.

Where do you have to travel out to?
I'm currently working in Romania with the odd trip to Malta
It sounds like you have a pretty good contract then to sort out being back in the uk on Friday. I dont know if I could be bothered with the hassle of coming back every week. Luckily for me I'm out in Romania for months and then the odd trip to Malta every other month or two.
James

16th Jul 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:
I mean that when I visit client sites, the most it will be is Monday - Thursday, which is good because I don't do much on those days anyway, then I'm in the UK on Friday.

Where do you have to travel out to?
I'm currently working in Romania with the odd trip to Malta
It sounds like you have a pretty good contract then to sort out being back in the uk on Friday. I dont know if I could be bothered with the hassle of coming back every week. Luckily for me I'm out in Romania for months and then the odd trip to Malta every other month or two.

I've not been assigned to a client yet as I'm still training but it could anywhere including London, Scotland, Scandinavia, France, Germany. Anywhere in Europe in theory but it will mostly be where large energy trading companies are based which is just the major developed cities in Europe.
Reedy

16th Jul 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will probably use Luton or Gatwick Airport then to fly out and about around europe.
I found one thing that is really annoying when you are abroad, logging into things out there causes you to go through more security and captcha checks. I'm currently being spammed by steam because I am using my account outside of the uk, which I have authorised to do the last 10 times!!!!
Oh also, if you have more than one laptop through airports, you will find you might have to open one up and turn it on for them.
James

16th Jul 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my last place we used City airport, but it depends where you go I guess. At my last place I only ever went to Geneva.

I have a VPN account to make sure all my UK accounts work as expected
Reedy

16th Jul 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At my last place we used City airport, but it depends where you go I guess. At my last place I only ever went to Geneva.

I have a VPN account to make sure all my UK accounts work as expected

Yeah I have a Proxy now setup at my parents house, that seems to do the trick for things like iplayer, etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jul 12 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get in to this international jet set going to meetings malarkey.
James

16th Jul 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not as glamorous as it sounds. For example, most companies will only pay for economy flights if it's less than 4 hours.

You usually end up in fairly decent hotels though and get quite good per diem allowances.
BYRON

16th Jul 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's not as glamorous as it sounds.

This 100%

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Consulting 23 database queries in 0.0152850 seconds