corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » week sills (jacking point)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author week sills (jacking point)
edwars

User status: Offline
12th May 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hav other peple found this as well were the jacking point is seems to be week as mine have startid to ben out thay shouldnt do that just wantid to know if other peple have had this problem and how thay fixed it i was thinking of just geting some plates weldid in to give the jacking point some strangth
alan-g-w

12th May 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jack it up with the bit just in line with the rear of the front wheel arch (side of the arch nearest the boot), there's a bit with a big hole in it that's meant to be there. I use the side of that, if I'm doing the back it just gets put under the rear beam.

Unless you're using one of those (scissor) jack with the little slot cut out of a folded metal pad you shouldn't be using the sills to jack the thing.
edwars

12th May 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks man i have to use the sill for the first part as the trolley jack wont fit under the car lol ill use the bit you sed tho wasnt sure wat part was the strongest to jack it up from
alan-g-w

12th May 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brand new, I just get a wee 2" plank of wood/ brick/ neighbour's cat to drive up onto and to drop it onto when I'm doing mine
Ben G

12th May 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use the sills with my scissor jack but if using a trolley jack use the rear beam or as alan said on the front.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » week sills (jacking point) 23 database queries in 0.0096881 seconds