corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pointless Rant Thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pointless Rant Thread
Pridzz

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by people's replies in the "pointless threads" that keep popping up, Surly it cant be me who thinks there are so many dingbats joining CS making stupid threads!

Sorry Danny etc, If this is in the wrong section but its starting to really **** me off - I dont no if its because people are trying to bump the amount of threads they create but there should be a limit to how many stupid and pointless threads keep popping up.

I know this is probarly classed as a pointless thread tbh, But somone has to say it.

Rant over.
BarnshaW

23rd May 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the irony in this thread
Ben G

23rd May 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to pay £12.50 to have the privilege of posting things that piss you off.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd May 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Official response - if you have a problem with anything, report it to a mod.

If that doesn't work, report it to me.

And yes, don't be part of the problem
Pridzz

23rd May 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant help but think its because now the Classified etc, Has change and you need 50 posts to be able to post in Classified that people do it?

Yeah sorry Ian - Stupid way of going round it. Tbh just wanted to work out if the main reason for the pointless posts is because of the 50post limit for Classifieds. Seems to be alot of new users etc - Who again seem to post Classified in GC first.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Pridzz]
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any classifieds post that gets posted in here is instantly moved more or less, I think in general we have had a lot more new members posting this past year that have stuck around, which you may have noticed.

GC is a lot better than it used to be regarding threads being in the wrong place.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd May 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two issues are people posting Classifieds in the wrong place and people spamming to get their counts up.

Both can be sorted with a report to the appropriate mod.

It's a bit of extra work but on the whole I'm happy with the 50/30 rule - it has cut down a LOT of problems with people re-registering and getting straight back in to selling.
Pridzz

23rd May 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ill go about it by reporting it.
To be honest the 50/30 rule seems to be working - Alot less scammers on here too again like you said re-registering straight away...
Lol - Another thing is why are people bumping stupidly old threads?
XE Col
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I think in general we have had a lot more new members posting this past year that have stuck around, which you may have noticed.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by DannyB]

lol just realised been here a year to this day

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by XE Col]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd May 11 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pridzz
why are people bumping stupidly old threads?
I've just deleted a few, one particular new user was doing it to get some posts exactly as we're discussing in here so I've set their post count to minus 100, should slow them down a bit.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ian]
Cavey

23rd May 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I've just deleted a few, one particular new user was doing it to get some posts exactly as we're discussing in here so I've set their post count to minus 100, should slow them down a bit.

Ingham
Banned

23rd May 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really need to stop being a cunt.

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by Ingham]
Pridzz

24th May 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

That will teach them - They will either stick around or make another account.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pointless Rant Thread 23 database queries in 0.0146279 seconds