corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour to paint my Vauxhall Viva???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour to paint my Vauxhall Viva???
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th May 11 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't planning too but yeah I'll come and take the car away for a free resto and keep it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You gonna get it dipped and or coated? Around £1200

Graeme
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be at least next march before it's done. Will be fully done so engine out and checked and parts replaced. All suspension parts and axles, mouts etc off and probably powder coated.

Then shell painted and polished to a glass finish. Don't mind taking a good few days on it to get it looking perfect.

Then interior done, gota think of the design but think I'm going for quilted middle bits on all the sears and a little bit on the door cards, new carpet made, new headlining.

Biggest part will probably be the window rubbers. Fronts and rears are avaliable but are about £160 each!
Quater glass ones are like rocking horse shit!

I've already bought two new sills for just £10, they should be on there way. Gota make a new exhaust for it.

Am on the look out for a new bonnet and possibly wings. But last set of wings I saw sold for £500!

If it was a old VW would have no problems. Ahh well it will be all worth it in the end.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know what you mean. Genuine bits for my brothers hc are hard enough to find. Just gotta buy everything you find really

Graeme
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
You gonna get it dipped and or coated? Around £1200

Gona be stripping the outside. Then there is a blasters up the road to sant pod, so very close that I am going to get to do a few bits like sills. Inner arches, under side, engine bay. And any pitted areas. I'm kind of a bit scared with dipping. A friend took his beetle once to one. I say once as he didn't need to get it redipped as there was fuck all left to dip when he got it back. The thing had more holes than a siv!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But at least you know it will still be mint in 30 years

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour to paint my Vauxhall Viva??? 24 database queries in 0.0103869 seconds