corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2 8v Sxi ;)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v Sxi ;)
MattyB

User status: Offline
10th Apr 03 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As always, i back Daimo up on this.

There are 2 ppl who work at Brent Cross shopping centre with 1.2 8v SXi. one P and one R reg. One silver and one Red. However, one of em is on 15" TSWs now. They use the old square "SXI" badge from the nova.

Exactly the same as the ones Daimo described, but on the other side of London to where he lives. I did get pics on my fone, but they came out so crap, the car was unrecognisable. When i'm posted back at Brent Cross, i'll re take em!

Matt
Daimo B

10th Apr 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whoooo hooooooo
Sam
Premium Member

10th Apr 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it's just someone that stuck the SXi badge on their 1.2 8v Corsa, but perhaps you should get the proof from the horse's mouth as it were (Vauxhall) if there really was an 8v Corsa SXi...
MattyB

10th Apr 03 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam - U saying that this "someone" has gone and badged up 5 different corsas from all over London and also kitted em up in the same way? Sorry but no.

Also - ask Vaux? U think they would be the professionals eh? Hmm yeah, these are the monkeys that seem to know the least bout their own products. Ask most people on this board, their general service is crap, their parts dept is run by monkeys and is over priced, and as for their garage staff - pah. Just check the general chat forum over the last week or 2 to find loadsa complaints

Matt
Fad

10th Apr 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at last i knew i wernt dreaming
Rob H

10th Apr 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall have done special editions where they are sold as a certain make, but there was a very limited number of the cars produced. Being as though most of the cars were P reg (pre facelift) It could have been a way of shifting a load of older spec cars. The other alternative is that it was a dealer special edition, where a dealer has done a job lot of cars all the same. There all based on the same model, and have the same mods done to them, but with the choice of a slight variation for each car.

I'd personally go for the second option, as this is whats happened by me. A garage has been taking standard clio's, and putting alloys on them (15"s or 17"s), colour coding the black plastic parts (sometimes silver, others the same colour of the car, others a contrast), and selling them off as Clio "Rallie" editions. There are now over 100 of these cars knocking about, some even have bodykits on now! But there all form the smae garage, and they all have the same charicteristics.

Steve
Premium Member

10th Apr 03 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gtf with ur influences
Daimo B

10th Apr 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, i think your right, one, or a few dealers have got a load, put lots of 14" alloys on them and sold them, badging them up as SXi's
Daimo B

10th Apr 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for dealers, i usually drive into them (and i've been to a fair few big ones) and everyone whos looked at it has asked if i've had it re-sprayed a different colour (this is like when D4 had 1 6x4, 15"s n colour coded )

They are usless!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2 8v Sxi ;) 23 database queries in 0.0100088 seconds