corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa keeps destroying big block hubs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa keeps destroying big block hubs
andyc1234

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my mates car with a c25xe, passenger side hub keeps dying. lasts about a month and then we have to replace the hub and the bearing. getting kinda bored of it now. are the any other options out there or am i doing something wrong. i know the weight of a v6 wont be helping the matter
fazza

31st May 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what hubs is he using andy?

mtec type conversion ones or bigblock astra etc machined down to corsa bearing?
fazza

31st May 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a way you can machine out the hub carrier and use a G60 golf bearing. this will take a standard astra big block hub iirc
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out Vauxsport they're using Audi bearings now, also Chip says about in the TV.

I've been using Corsa driveshafts for years touch wood.
andyc1234

31st May 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought about sticking a gsi shaft in instead but i dont think it would take the v6. can you not just open the hub up to take the proper cav bearing or whatever. the one its killed this time came from lmf
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is thread.
http://www.vauxhallsportforum.com/phpBB2/fitting-big-block-cvs-to-a-corsa-correctly-t16071.html

Mine has throttle bodies and is pretty powerful, and has done track work.

New Poll